Supervisor Sr. Manufacturing (31030494)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Plymouth, MN., location, supporting our production teams, by providing team leadership in the day-to-day activities for an assigned production area or work group. Responsible for the development and implementation of production process excellence activities; identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities in production processes, plans tasks and solutions. Reports to functional and/or organization management on team accomplishments, achievements & productivity.
What You’ll Work On
• Will have responsibility for; calibration, preventative maintenance, and material handling.
• Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• Supervise day-to-day operations of assigned area or workgroup to ensure organizational and objectives are met.
• Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams.
• Identify and address training needs.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
• Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, guidelines and programs.
• Ensure the execution of the production plan to support business requirements.
• Promote communication and teamwork across shifts / crews as applicable.
• Responsible for all people-management activities including but not limited to: administrative activities, performance management, work flow and assignments.
• Works under general direction from department manager.
• Assigns work within the assigned group; resolves issues and manages people-related processes; responsible for compliance to industry standards; makes timely and effective decisions related to business and personnel issues within the scope or responsibility.
• This position is accountable for the following:
1. Provide positive impact to short-term, mid-range, and long-term organizational goals;
2. Demonstrate continual improvement in technical and personnel matters,
3. Create an environment that supports cross-functional team effectiveness; Supervise and support the development of assigned staff;.
Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Minimum 5 years Manufacturing and/or operational experience to develop the competence to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
Ability to motivate, direct and provide technical knowledge and mentoring to staff; ability or aptitude to work on problems that are complex in scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors
Knowledge of manufacturing planning, documentation systems, GMP and quality; demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work cross-functionally; knowledge of operations, standards and documentation;
Ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software; strong organizational and project management skills
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.