Operator I (31031107)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Operator I (2nd shift). This position is responsible for the production of high quality medical devices within a manufacturing cell. This position includes detailed assembly and operation of various equipment and machinery.
- Ensure that relevant job documentation for cell operations and functions is accurate and up to date - Troubleshooting skills - Interpersonal skills such as conflict resolution, active participation, active listening, Interpreting, cooperation and flexibility to allow for a successful self-managed team
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form
- Positively represent the company during tours by demonstrating techniques and sharing appropriate information
- Positively represents and supports the company’s policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with internal customers and external customers such as tours
- Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize efficiency, minimize accidents to enhance longer life of equipment and tools
- Maintain accurate records to ensure traveler and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products
- Demonstrates a basis understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of continuous improvement
- Participate with the Manufacturing Supervisor/Manager in setting and monitoring individual goals and cell performance metrics that continuously seek to improve the quality of operations
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions - Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance
- Ability to handle and maneuver small components and parts
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Prefer 6 months experience working in a medical or other regulated production company