Phlebotomy Trainee - Get Paid to Go To Phlebotomy School (2234722)
* GET PAID TO GO TO PHLEBOTOMY SCHOOL*
Have you ever thought about pursuing a career in the medical field? Labcorp has a program to make that happen! We are now offering a Phlebotomy Trainee Program where we will provide all of the training required to become a Washington State Licensed Phlebotomist!
We are currently seeking entry level team players that are motivated by the opportunity to help others, grow in their career and obtain a phlebotomy license for a position at our Patient Service Center in Covington, WA. Our Phlebotomy Trainee Program allows applicants to work in our Patient Service Center part-time as a Patient Intake Representative and go to school for Phlebotomy part-time all while getting paid! Once licensed, employees will be promoted into a phlebotomy position within the department. This role gives applicants an opportunity for career growth and development. If you are passionate about helping people and are looking for a career opportunity, then Labcorp is a great next step!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM; additional hours and rotating weekends as needed
Work Location: 16850 SE 272nd St, Covington, WA
Full Time: Benefit Eligible
- Successfully attend assigned phlebotomy school (paid for by Labcorp) within 30 days of hire
- Direct observation of phlebotomy collections within a PSC or clinic environment to prepare for phlebotomy role
- Schedule patient appointments and greet patients upon appointment arrival
- Ensure a welcoming environment for all patients and visitors
- Assist patients with registration and check in procedures
- Data entry of patient demographics and billing information
- Verification of insurance coverage and collect/post payments to patient accounts
- Collect and prepare specimens for testing and analysis when needed
- Call physician offices to confirm the accuracy of test orders
- Monitor and log patient wait times on a regular basis
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
- Excellent customer service and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced atmosphere
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Alpha-Numeric Data Entry proficiency
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.