Process Development Associate Scientist (Defects Standards Lab) (R-146812)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Process Development Associate Scientist (Defects Standards Lab)
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world! In this vital role you will conceive, design, implement and complete specific scientific experiments, which contribute to the successful completion of goals and/or projects under general mentorship of supervisor. Your technical areas of focus will be the laboratory using your expertise with analytical balance, microscope, caliper and filling aseptic techniques. The position will be reporting to an administrative work schedule with the flexibility to support the non-standard shift organization, as per business needs.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of syringes/vials with cosmetic, particle or solution defects used for developmental studies, equipment characterization, training activities or commercial equipment setup.
- Demonstrate expertise and responsible for making improvements in one or more major laboratory instruments/techniques and process.
- Develop new, introduce or improve defect creation methods into the laboratory.
- Act as a resource in area of expertise.
- May serve as a representative to cross-functional teams or as a lead on department teams, with guidance.
- Under general direction, has overall responsibility of a project of limited scope.
- Design, monitors or conducts, and interprets laboratory experiments with general oversight of supervisor.
- Perform data analysis, provide interpretation and integrate results into the context of a project.
- Recommend decisions regarding scientific-related issues.
- Assumes influential role in department-wide support efforts such as safety and committees.
- Provides constructive criticism, suggestions and interpretation of results to co-workers.
- Create documents based on technical reports or assessments.
What we expect of you
We are all different! Yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Process Development Associate Scientist professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.
- Master’s degree and 2 years of scientific or manufacturing support experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of scientific or manufacturing support experience
- Educational background in Life Sciences and/or Engineering
- Advanced scientific analysis, application of scientific theory and troubleshooting skills.
- Skills on laboratory equipment and instruments such as micrometer, caliper, microscope and analytical balance.
- Innovative and out of the box thinking to develop knowledge to create cosmetic defects on vials, glass and plastic syringes.
- Knowledge in Electronic Documentation platforms
- Knowledge in Visual Manual Inspection Techniques, aseptic techniques, 5S and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Smartsheet, among others)
- Strong knowledge of cGMP’s.
- Proficient technical writing skills and communication skills both verbal ad written (English/Spanish)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.