Director, Software Lifecycle Management (5000859743810)
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
Directs the Software Lifecycle Management (SLM) sub-group within the IS Vendor and Supplier Management (VSM) group. Accountable and responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for software license management globally. Develops, implements, and tracks key performance indicators for software publishers to help optimize software management throughout Astellas at the enterprise level.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Act as global lead for the software lifecycle management team throughout Astellas IS; including the development and implementation of the overall Astellas software management strategy.
- Monitor, interpret and implement changes in regulatory requirements and ensure completion of annual compliance reports and related documentation for Astellas software assets.
- Globally manage purchase, deployment, maintenance, usage and disposal of software licensing, including its administration.
- Globally evaluate and rationalize the total portfolio of software vendors, services, products using spend analytics and collecting market intelligence
- Publish monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the IS software portfolio, and update internal SOPs to maintain accuracy and efficiency.
- Direct and manage the relationship and overall governance of software vendors by serving as a single point of contact for all software related items
- Evaluate and support the negotiation of Enterprise License Agreements and/or Master Services Agreements with strategic software publishers (enterprise level agreements)
- Create, own and manage company-wide software management guidelines and/or policies
- Identify opportunities and initiate projects to reduce or to avoid costs and report cost reduction/avoidance to head of IS.
- Accountable for maintaining the delivery of the software asset management environment including our outsourced managed service provider for software asset management.
- Lead and be accountable for the global audit protocol for software providers, including maintaining the audit playbook for internal Astellas stakeholders
- Engage stakeholders, understand their objectives and requirements, and execute software plans
- Organizationally responsible for an annual software budget of $100+ million USD, with a total asset value of approximately 400+ million USD
- Accountable for the management of 250+ contracts globally across all business units
- Accountable for the vendor management of 100+ vendors
- Responsible for contract and license optimization with a total value of approximately 2M USD annually
- Reporting to the Executive Director and Head of IS Vendor and Supplier Management
- Direct and indirect (FSP's) reports of 9+
- Collaborate with the IS organization and business functions across the global Astellas organization to understand business needs in relation to software licensing and contracts
- Collaborate with other IS Group Leaders regarding MTP, Annual Planning, Actuals and Forecasts related to software and license budgets
- Heavy collaboration with the legal and procurement division related to Software Lifecycle Management globally