CEE Commercial Excellence Director (503425-gsknch)
CEE Commercial Excellence Director
Why Consumer Healthcare?
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
The CEE Commercial Excellence Director will be responsible for developing the Commercial Excellence agenda for CEE BU. Develop and coordinate the commercial agenda across the key channels (Pharmacy and Mass Market) to drive value creation and P&L leverage through 1) driving NRM, 2) driving Sales Force Effectiveness, 3) Building Commercial Capabilities, 4) Leading Customer Marketing. To Initiate and Lead the Strategic Commercial Projects at CEE level: based on deep understanding of trade structures, route to market, develop recommendation on key strategic commercial projects, improvements to drive effectiveness and efficiencies.
Also, to Support BU GM & Commex head in countries in defining opportunities to drive growth and improve sales, channel investment effectiveness. Act as support and consultant for Chanel Heads: support commercial team leads in country to develop the most effective co-operation with external partners, as well as commercial organization. To Cooperate with country Commercial Excellence teams in order to deliver business performance in local markets
Key Responsibilities -
- Net Revenue Management. Driving value through optimization of all 4 NRM pillars: pricing, promo optimization, active mix management and trade investment management. Ensuring creation and implementation of NRM framework, in close collaboration with key stakeholders. Developing and leading implementation of mitigation plans for price exposure.
- Sales Force Effectiveness and Sales Systems. Ensuring pharmacy segmentation is best in class, potential based, consumption and sell-out focused. Improving campaign planning by identifying and securing commercial alignment to the key sales drivers. Driving pharmacy call excellence and consumption improvement by clear KPI and performance evaluation.
- Orange Store execution. Implementation of Orange Store project in market and ensure tracking of all key KPIs. Building a plan that will maximize GSK presence in POS.
- Customer Marketing. Combining deep understanding of customer needs and GSK brand strategy to develop category growth strategies that satisfy shopper needs and deliver profitable gains for GSK and our partners. Delivering customer campaigns that are aligned with relevant shopper, customer, and brand insights. Driving synergies by ensuring that customer plans are well coordinated with Brand Marketing initiatives such that we are maximizing opportunities. Leading campaign post analyses, using data backed insights to challenge for better return on investment and efficiency.
- Category Management. Leading on creating planograms and selling them into customers via fact based rationale. Collaborating with the GSK Shopper Science Lab on initiatives that deliver significant shelving and partnership gains with priority customers / channels. Having overall ownership of data and data suppliers.
- Commercial Capability Building. Coordinating global tools localization and implementation. Consolidating capability development requirements, building delivery plan and coordinating implementation both for GSK and any 3rd party sales force.
- EMEA regional Level Involvement. Working closely with EMEA Commercial Excellence team to identify other learnings and commercial initiatives that can deliver over and above performance
- Leadership Responsibilities. Setting and performing against business goals. Demonstrating cultural awareness and actively contributing to strong organizational culture. Role modelling and embedding the GSK Expectations and Values. Driving a people development agenda. Organizational risk management.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Commercial experience, with proven experience as a Team Leader and experience across multiple commercial disciplines in Consumer Healthcare or FMCG (sales, marketing, experts, analytics, or related field)
- International experiences
- Experiences in building / managing NRM, SFE, capability strategies for commercial organization
- Strong in commercial project management and execution of initiatives
- Strong experience in leading strategic process and alignment, in a way that builds real buy-to ensure execution follows strategic alignment
- Significant people management and development experience with successful track record of leading a team (multi-country or cross-cultural experience preferred)
- Strong change management experience
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to transition them into insights
- Best in class problem solver / strong solution orientation
- Good ability to influence at all levels, build strong relationships and capacity to work in a matrix
- Strong experience in leading an agenda within a senior leadership team
- Fluent English
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.