Director, Sales and Market Access Planning and Ops (R1559596-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Director, Sales and Access Marketing, Strategic Planning & Operations
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as Oncology, Hematology, Cardiovascular, Immunoscience and Fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration, and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
- The Director Sales & Access Marketing, Planning and Operations is responsible for the efficient operations of the Access Marketing (AM) and Market Access Strategic Accounts (MASA) organizations, including the CAR T Access Marketing function. The Director, Sales & Access Marketing, Planning & Operations will lead a team responsible for project management, budgeting, and planning for the AM and MASA functions. This includes staff meetings, town halls, department communications, and ensuring representation of groups in broader VA&P planning and operations discussions. S/he also facilitates and supports the strategy, prioritization, collaboration, and information sharing across VAP functions to ensure delivery of value for brands. The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Strategic Planning and Operations with a dotted line to both Vice Presidents of Access Marketing and Market Access Strategic Accounts.
- Lead the VAP PReP meetings to review resources across the portfolio, critical for launches and established products
- Drive the development and own the facilitation of VA&P strategic planning & prioritization process across the portfolio
- Manage 2 managers/ADs that fully support the operations and workflow of the MASA and AM that comprises of over 100 FTEs and includes alignment across MASA, AM and WW HEOR and VAP leadership
- Lead the annual Access Marketing planning process and deliverables and will lead the development of business reviews /presentations for senior mgt.
- Develop, maintain, and manage organizational communication plan
- Lead the VA&P POA planning process across Sales & Marketing including development, coordination, and approval of all materials.
- Lead the plan around prioritized external meetings and conferences
- Lead the reporting of key brand metrics and scorecards across Sales, TA Marketing Teams, including above brand initiatives.
- Development and management of AM & MASA annual budgets
- Create forums and mechanisms to optimize communication and collaboration and seek to share best practices across teams
- Coordinate with AM, Project Management and PReP Coordination to prioritize marketing submissions
- Work with EDs to prioritize marketing tools through the PReP process and messages in the field
- Project management of specific strategic cross-brand initiatives
BS/BA degree or equivalent
5+ years of pharmaceutical experience in VAP required ideally within MASA or AM and PREP experience
Advanced project and change management capabilities, advanced interpersonal and collaboration skills and a high degree of executive presence along with strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience leading cross-functional teams to accomplish specified goals
Strong business acumen including a solid understanding of how various customer types make money and create value
Strong communication skills, the ability to network across a broad internal and external matrix organization, and the skills necessary to form strong, productive partnerships
Demonstrated ability to drive execution of key initiatives and meet all deadlines
Strong ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Track record of highly ethical and compliant behavior
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.