As a Lead Director within our Enterprise Strategy team, you will play a key role advising and influencing individuals at all levels in the organization on large, complex problems critical to the Healthcare Benefits organization and the broader CVS Health Enterprise. Reporting to the Executive Director, HCB Strategy, this position will focus on establishing the strategic agenda and solving complex problems for Aetna’s Commercial and Specialty Markets organization. You will partner closely with leaders across the Enterprise to formulate strategic plans at both the Aetna and business-unit (e.g., Commercial) level – typical responsibilities include assessing the external environment, leading hypotheses development and analyses, defining critical priorities and initiatives, and effectively communicating insights and implications. To build trust as a true advisor to our internal stakeholders, you will proactively identify, communicate, and independently lead projects to solve for critical challenges and opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of developing the strategy for the broader CVS organization, while also building subject matter expertise and facilitating healthcare specific strategic engagements within our Aetna Commercial Business.
Aetna strategic planning: Driving core components of strategic planning process, including but not limited to:
• Market Research: Develop both qualitative and quantitative insights associated with competitive landscape and market trends
• Insight Generation: Ingest and structure large data sets to uncover unique, business unit specific insights; comfort with excel and model development
• Executive-level Communications: Create strong narrative and compelling PowerPoint presentations to build consensus among or gather feedback from senior leaders and other stakeholders
• Cross Functional Collaboration: Work closely with strategy and finance partners across the organization to ensure alignment of business/functional strategies to our enterprise strategy
• Strategic Project Leadership: Work with business unit leaders to proactively identify complex business problems or new growth opportunities, structure project approach and stakeholder alignment, drive execution of analysis, and communicate recommendation
• Informal Influence and Leadership: Proactive stakeholder management; ability to influence peers as well as senior level stakeholders without formal authority to support your analysis and recommendations
• Effective Meeting Facilitation: Facilitate large scale meetings and strategic workshops, including preparing and driving tangible outcomes/output
• Business Case Development: Collaborate with functional partners (e.g., finance, actuary, product) to drive ROI analysis of potential strategic investment
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
7+ years leadership experience in Strategy function and expertise in healthcare (preferably payor experience)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills
• Ability to identify, structure and solve business problems
• Experience driving large, complex, cross-functional processes; strategic planning experience
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication and presentation skills
• Background in strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy/M&A experience (direct healthcare payor experience is strongly preferred)
• MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
• Ability to interact with senior leadership and lead meetings/facilitate strategic workshops
• Ability to work independently, on a team, and with remote teammates
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.