Aetna, a CVS Health company, is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Aetna's Medicare Stars Data Intelligence Team is growing and expanding. This is exciting opportunity to join a high performing, collaborative team as a Senior Informatics Quality Assurance / Data Analyst. Aetna’s Medicare Data Intelligence team supports the entire Medicare organization by participating in the design, build and management of large-scale data structures and pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows. The Data Intelligence team is focused on creating a framework for developing large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs focusing on complex business problems. We use advanced technology and tools, data modeling techniques, and ETL processes to enable data acquisition by leveraging big data within a cutting-edge environment. We’re focused on creating new opportunities that drive change in areas such as Medicare stars, Service Operations, Patient Safety, population health management and member experience.
This position will execute Quality Assurance/Data verification of large-scale data structures and pipelines related to organization, collection and standardization of data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs and decision support toolsets. Applies understanding of key business drivers to accomplish own work. Uses expertise, judgement, and precedents to contribute to the resolution of moderately complex problems. Verifies ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes and will be responsible for some Automation of existing legacy processes and jobs. Our desired skillset would be: Experience writing test cases/scripts, SQL/SSIS experience preferred, Ability to understand and interpret requirements into valid test cases, and Ability to analyze systems which are “Data Driven”. Confirms clinical and financial healthcare data from multiple sources and validates integrated analytic data sets. The resource should have strong Quality Assurance process knowledge who can build test cases/test plans from requirements or by reviewing existing processes and outputs. Our data framework modernization effort requires that we review legacy output vs new output from a data integrity perspective after process redesign. It will be extremely helpful to have a basic understanding of SAS/SQL as it will help to develop a detailed understanding of legacy processes being migrated to the new MCR Stars Ecosystem framework. This project incorporates data from a variety of sources and assures adherence to data quality and accessibility standards. Some programming skills in Python, .NET or any of the major languages would be beneficial in order to enable confirmation of robust data pipelines and dynamic systems. This position is also responsible for: Documenting methods, specifications, and results clearly, Communicating information in a clear and concise manner, and Contributing to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Strong programming and data manipulation skills
• Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
• A strong ability to communicate technical concepts and insights to business partners
• Excellent problem-solving skills as well as critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
• Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects).
• Experience with Microsoft development technologies including: Visual Studio, SqlServer, SSIS, SSRS, & Azure
• Some knowledge of Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
• Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.
• Has strong knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
• Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses
• Any experience automated test tools
• One or more years of programming, or data analysis experience, knowledge of healthcare or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
You should have:
• A passion to help transform health care
• Strong Interest in Health Care
• Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
• Knowledge in Hadoop architecture and HDFS commands
• Working knowledge in Java, Python, .NET
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, HealthCare Informatics, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.