The Industrial Engineering Manager supports the operations in multiple automated Retail Distribution Centers. This individual acts in a leadership role to drive improved productivity and cost effectiveness by recommending, designing, developing, piloting and implementing changes to improve the performance of systems and people, increase utilization of labor and other resources while maintaining or improving safety, quality and customer service. This includes maintaining and updating local labor management systems (LMS) used in performance management and incentive programs as well as staffing, budget and capacity models. The IE Manager is responsible for collaborating with peers and cross-functional partners to design methods that maximize safety, quality and process capability including, but not limited to capacity, material handling, systems and technology changes. The IE Manager will play a key role in labor planning and analysis of staffing requirements as well as budgeting and analysis of capital investments. This colleague will also manage scaling and implementation at the local level of process improvement projects and enhanced systems.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- 3+ years experience in high volume distribution and warehousing environment
- 3+ year of experience with data analysis
- 3+ year of experience with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 1+ year experience in an automated distribution center
- 1+ year labor management systems and engineered labor standards, including time and motion study
- 1+ year process improvement/ continuous improvement
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
3+ years of experience with Witron automation
5+ years of experience preferred
• Witron DC automation
• WMS systems
• Pre-determined time and motion system such as MOST
• Distribution center operations
• Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies
• Report generation
• Influence leaders at different levels within the building
• Communicate and present information clearly and succinctly
• Interpersonal skills and able to build effectively partnerships
• Read, understand and recommend action based on P&L or other tracking data
• Local project management
• SQL or other query based data language
• Business intelligence and/or data visualization
• Effectively communicate across different levels, from hourly colleagues to DC leadership
• Design improved processes
• Design work instructions
- Bachelors Degree- Required **Or equivalent experience**
- Industrial Engineering preferred, others include
mathematics, operations management, Operations
research, mechanical engineering
- Masters Degree- Preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.