Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. [Register to View]
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you searching for a fast paced and multifaceted environment where you can show your passion for helping others? If this sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, apply to our Pharmacist in Charge role at Omnicare today! We can't wait to meet you!
The Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) plays a vital role on the leadership team within the Omnicare Pharmacy and will report directly to the General Manager. The PIC will work to develop and implement strategies to ensure & improve operational excellence and compliance as well as provide outstanding customer service within the assigned pharmacy.
• Provide supervision for the dispensing pharmacy
• Monitor industry, regulatory and compliance industry, regulatory and compliance developments (e.g., state Board of Pharmacy, DEA, FDA, etc.) for pending regulatory changes and partner with Division Compliance Officer and pharmacy management to address them
• Communicate and educate staff on pharmacy-related issues such as regulatory changes/compliance, FDA drug recalls, drug information, sample medications, and investigational studies
• Implement quality assurance programs for pharmacy services crafted to supervise and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care, pursue opportunities to improve patient care, and resolve identified problems.
• Implement policies and procedures for the procurement, storage, security and disposition of drugs and devices.
• Maintain record of all required pharmacist licensure & technician registrations for current staff, as required by state law.
• Respond to the board regarding any warning notice issued by the Board.
• Implement policies and procedures for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of prescription information and patient health care information, and ensures that all employees of the pharmacy read, sign, and comply with the established policies and procedures.
• Ensure pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal accrediting rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy
• Serve as a primary source of information and responds to internal and external customer questions or clarification of information.
• May perform various duties associated with narcotic room compliance to include: reporting of periodic pharmacy self-surveys for controlled substances prescription accuracy, respond to and resolve regulatory surveyor’s inquires related to compliance issues, contact physician to receive hard copy of prescription and perform drug recall surveillance and reporting
In this role, you will be an integral leader of the team. Your success will be driven by your ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and service. The most successful PIC demonstrates both excellent leadership & customer service skills. The contributions you will make will position CVS Health as a leader within the LTC marketplace.
This is a full time, benefit eligible position. CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program , 401K with a company match, and a generous employee discount at all CVS stores.
This is a full-time position offering 40 hours per week. Shifts are scheduled between 8am-7pm Mon-Fri, with rotating weekends. There is an on-call requirement for this role.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
Must be a licensed pharmacist in the state of Iowa, must be active & in good standing
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
1 year management experience in a Pharmacist in charge or Pharmacy Manager role
1 year of pharmacist experience in a long term care dispensing role
Immunization certification or willingness to become immunization certified
Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.