* Hybrid - must be able to commute to Woonsocket, RI when needed *
The Manager, Scrum Master is responsible for providing program/project oversight, day-to-day management, leadership, direction, and administration across the full project lifecycle (team formation, planning, requirements, design, build, test, deployment, and warranty support) on medium to large size/complexity projects. The manager will work with Business and IT teams to ensure that all managed projects fully comply with CVS Health PMO project management methodology standards, approved business requirements, and time/cost commitments while maintaining the highest levels of business and user satisfaction. The manager will also provide support and guidance to less senior team members.
The manager will manage project teams of 5 to 40+ indirect/matrix reports, consisting of CVS Health and non-CVS Health employees. The manager, requiring minimal supervision, will be responsible for effectively managing team/stakeholder expectations and engagement through clear communication of roles and responsibilities and regular status updates. The manager is also responsible for providing timely feedback and written project reviews for each CVS Health indirect report.
Management of assigned projects including team formation and management, plan creation (scope, schedule, and budget), and project execution. Deliver all assigned projects in full compliance with CVS Health project management methodology standards and KPI, and as documented in formal project requirements, on-time, on-budget, and with high quality. Effective relationship management with IT functional and business teams that contributes to the reputation of the PMO. Skilled delegation and leadership by example to help CVS Health develop our people to their full potential while delivering top performance. Ensuring project purchasing, infrastructure, and other less common needs are met through proactive engagement of special support teams and in compliance with PMO process standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, within budget, and in full compliance of CVS Health PMO project management methodology and KPI requirements
2. Produce regular and thorough stakeholder communications
3. Assist in the definition and documentation of project scope ensuring all relevant SME’s are engaged to produce competent and comprehensive functional and non-functional requirements
4. Produce a detailed project plan and monitor and control activities to remain on plan
5. Manage resource availability, allocation, and project financials
6. Manage changes to scope, schedule, and cost in compliance with PMO project management methodology and processes
7. Perform risk management assessment and ongoing review and mitigation
8. Work within scope of authority to resolve project issues escalating when necessary
9. Ensure required project artifacts are completed in compliance with PMO process and stored in the project repository
10. Excellent written and verbal skills
11. Strong management, team, and stakeholder communication and conflict resolution skills
12. Experience working with multiple teams, delegating work, and ensuring team efficiency
13. Demonstrated experience resolving complex business problems/issues/risks
14. Ability to work with business users, understand their needs, and translate such into final project deliverables
15. Ability to work with technical resources, understand their needs and coordinate their efforts to deliver the final project solution
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
5+ years successful Program/Project Management of medium to large scale projects.
- Strong Microsoft Office (including MS Project) skills
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Project Management certification
- Scrum Master certification
- Health care, insurance, or pharmacy experience is a plus
- Understanding of project and software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum etc.
Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with information technology focus
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.