Sr. Associate IS Engineer (Data Center Engineer)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Associate IS Engineer (Data Center Engineer)Live
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be part of Amgen's newest and most sophisticated final product assembly and packaging plant. Does the thought of building an entirely new site, from the ground up excite you? Do you love building and developing robust teams? When completed, the Amgen Final Product facility will combine the latest in robotic and automated technologies to allow for maximum operator efficiency in operations. The facility will not only feature the best in-class device assembly and packaging technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgen's plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.
Amgen is seeking a Sr. Associate IS Engineer (Data Center Engineer) to join our Digital Technologies and Innovation organization for Amgen Ohio (AOH). The candidate will be a part of the Amgen Ohio team and have onsite responsibilities associated with day-to-day operations, capacity management, and system upgrades of business-critical systems within our enterprise data centers supporting our NextGen distribution site. This position will be onsite and located in New Albany, Ohio.Responsibilities:
- Perform the day-to-day operations and incident response activities for the local site’s data center and IDF/MDF rooms
- Ability to work after normal business hours to support project or incident related items
- Manage site ticket queue and update action items throughout the ticket lifecycle
- Participate or lead in the design, development, and implementation of data center projects including but not limited to expansions, upgrades, installations, and decommissions
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize incoming tasks and/or project workloads to meeting SLAs
- Provide clear and concise direction to internal and external consultants to increase work productivity
- Review, update, and maintain data center & infrastructure "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur
- Create both high-level and detailed space, rack and cabling design diagrams and facilitate design reviews
- Oversee the delivery of supporting MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) services to all Amgen data centers and perform detailed power utilization calculations and optimizations
- Perform asset receiving and inventory duties including unboxing, order validation, record keeping, and proper system labeling
- Ensure inventory management through Data Center Operations Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) tool
- Create, review, and update documentation for the Data Center Operations SOP’s and knowledge base
- Work with IS teams to understand server and network hardware requirements with respect to power density, rack positioning, cabling, cooling, airflow containment and environmental consideration
- Review, understand and approve facility related maintenances (Mechanical and Electrical) and advise internal stakeholders of upcoming activities with potential impacts
- Work directly with local site management and ensure quality of client support
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The outstanding professional we seek is a candidate with these qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Information Systems and Data Center experienceOr
Associate degree and 6 years of Information Systems and Data Center experienceOr
High school diploma/GED and 8 years of Information Systems and Data Center experience
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in IS operations and data centers support
- Knowledge of mission critical power distribution, UPS, PDU, and Mechanical systems and data systems
- Strong cross-discipline knowledge of complete critical facility systems
- Strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Ability to provide solutions to sophisticated projects under pressure
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Familiar with Visio software and DCIM tools
- Knowledge in data center practices (i.e., fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
- Solid understanding with server/network hardware
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction
- Understanding of Electrical Power distribution and operation
- Understanding of best practices related to the design, implementation, and operation of various data center fire suppression technologies
- Possess a positive, service-oriented attitude and established track record of success
- Strong understanding of infrastructure cables including fiber and copper backbone
- Good understanding of best cabling practices for both vertical and horizontal cabling
- Good understanding of ITIL fundamentals and processes
- Familiarity with industry applications including Service Now, MS products, environmental monitoring, and DCIM software
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.