It's a new day in health care. Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans, and community pharmacists we are pioneering a bold new approach to total health.
The Attain app is a first-of-its-kind health experience designed to help drive healthy behavior by combining your health history with your fitness tracker activity to offer personalized goals, healthy actions, and rewards.
As a Sr. Android developer, you will build front-end components in Android native mobile app and integrate with complex backend components. This role is essential for creating and working with a team to deliver quality products. As part of the Attain Digital team, you will be working to provide new features to a brand-new app that will be enhanced with multiple new features.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in developing Android Native apps
- At least 2+ years of experience in developing apps with Kotlin/Java
- Working knowledge and experience with Jetpack Compose and MVVM architecture.
- Thorough understanding of Android Studio, Android SDKs and Android Ecosystem.
- Must have experience with automated unit testing using Espresso and integration tests with a similar tool like Roboelectric.
- A solid understanding of Agile methodology is essential.
- Must have experience with source control using GIT and GIT version tools such as GitHub or Bitbucket.
- Should have good knowledge on building a continuous integration and deployment pipeline with tools like Gradle, Circle CI, GitHub Actions.
- Experience working with complex backend systems integrating with different API calls in the native app.
- Good understanding of SOLID design principles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
- Good knowledge on common libraries like RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp, GSON etc.
- Knowledge of the following tools:
- GitHub / Bitbucket
- Circle CI / GitHub Actions / Jenkins Pipeline
- Sonarcloud / Checkmarx / Veracode
- Knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Experience creating an accessible Android app.
- Experience working with Fitness trackers, Google Fit APIs, or other wearables integrations like Fitbit OS, Wear OS, Tizen.
- Experience releasing apps to Play Store.
- Experience leading and mentoring engineers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.