Senior Maintenance & Operations Technician III
About Astellas Gene Therapies
Astellas Gene Therapies is an Astellas Center of Excellence developing genetic medicines for patients with rare, life-threatening diseases. Based on our innovative approach to developing genetic medicines, as well as our industry-leading internal manufacturing capability and expertise, we have become the Astellas Center of Excellence for their newly-created Genetic Regulation Focus Area. We are currently exploring three gene therapy modalities: gene replacement, exon skipping gene therapy, and vectorized RNA knockdown, with plans to expand our focus and geographic reach under Astellas. We are based in San Francisco, with manufacturing and laboratory facilities in South San Francisco and Sanford, North Carolina. For more information, please visit our website: [Register to View]
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are promoting the Focus Area Approach that is designed to identify opportunities for the continuous creation of new drugs to address diseases with high unmet medical needs by focusing on Biology and Modality. Furthermore, we are also looking beyond our foundational Rx focus to create Rx+® healthcare solutions that combine our expertise and knowledge with cutting-edge technology in different fields of external partners. Through these efforts, Astellas stands on the forefront of healthcare change to turn innovative science into value for patients. For more information, please visit our website at [Register to View]
- Be BOLD (Find a Way)
- Care Deeply -- for our patients, each other and our work
- #GSD (Get Stuff Done)
What is the catalyst for you in your professional career? Are you ready to be a part of a bold, innovative company, to make a change and to make a difference? Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced, and just plain nice individual who wants to join us and be a part of our journey.
Reporting to the Facilities Maintenance & Operations Supervisor, the Senior Maintenance & Operations Technician will be part of the Facilities Operations department supporting Manufacturing, R&D, and administrative facilities. This position will be part of a small team that ensures proper operation of utility system, process equipment, and site services using approved procedures. The role is primarily located in South San Francisco, CA.
- Create and complete work orders using a CMMS to maintain utility systems, facilities, and process equipment. Ensure maintenance records and service reports follow cGxP.
- Ensure safe and compliant day-to-day operations of utility and support systems including use of BAS & EMS. Ensure facilities are fit for use by maintaining cGMP and safety standards.
- Provide emergency response to alarms, lead troubleshooting and recovery efforts.
- Complete required training and maintain accurate training records.
- Document technical work performed accurately and completely.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, equipment/service manuals, logic flow diagrams, and work orders to perform required maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Provide input for creation and revision of maintenance plans, spare parts inventory, and SOPs.
- Partner with internal customers and suppliers, colleagues and support services to achieve department goals.
- Understand and adhere to internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
- Effectively communicate safety, quality, technical and training issues to team. Enforce and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Interact with stake-holders, and vendors.