Associate Director, SAP Analytics Products and Platform Management
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
Product managers conceive, define, test, deliver, monitor, refine and withdraw digital products within Astellas IS organization to maximize business results. They conduct customer research, and work with key stakeholders across business and technology to develop and convey product vision. They also work with product teams to deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience
This role will provide global analytics and innovation product and platform management for the apple platform end to end business processes for the value realization of Astellas strategic SAP business operating platform (APPLE+) and regional manufacturing SAP systems.
Accountable for the overall analytics and innovation of various Apple platform processes, solution and data aspects for program implementation and on-going management of solution delivery. Manage solution delivery issues and risks to ensure the design, development of a analytics and innovation.
Coordinates with Program functional work-stream leaders, System Integrator(s), external suppliers, and Astellas functional business leaders / executives to drive the program through global template solution design, deployment and overall governance of the global template for FP&A
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of Astellas business goals and Apple platform processes to develop Analytics product priorities and improvement recommendations.
- Develop strong relationships and regularly communicate with product stakeholders and customers to shape the SAP analytics product strategy and prioritize needs.
- Lead SAP Analytics product strategy, planning, and life cycle management efforts.
- Monitor business, market, and technology trends to inform product strategy and proactively propose new SAP analytics solutions.
- Establish SAP Analytics product roadmaps and release plans that satisfy requirements and achieve the Astellas business outcomes.
- Contribute to translating business requirements into actionable SAP Analytics product and technical requirements.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate SAP Analytics product performance and proactively champion product improvements.
- Determine internal and contract/external resources and skills required for the SAP analytics product team to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Guide the SAP Analytics product engineering team to scope, plan and deliver work, applying established delivery methodologies (e.g., agile methods) and best practices (e.g., reusability).
- Proactively identify and resolve blockers to achieve business objectives for the SAP Analytics product, including technical and resourcing challenges.
- Ensure alignment and adherence to corporate, financial and IT standards (e.g., architecture, compliance, security).
- Increase adoption and consumption of SAP Analytics product capabilities.
- Manage investment decision making and finances for the SAP Analytics product, taking a return-on-investment approach to increasing the value while minimizing product costs.
- Serve as product manager for following technology solutions:
- SAP S4 HANA Embedded Analytics
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP B4 HANA
- Perform customer research and competitive analysis of analytics products for Apple platform to define the capabilities and quality of the platform solutions
- Create and own the analytics and innovation product delivery plan and drive completion of all deliverables. Develop and maintain guidelines, principles, policies, standards, reference models and best practices for all matters related to analytics and innovation products on the Apple platform
- Work with cross functional teams to analyze user requirements, procedures, and blockers to analytics and/or improve existing process and systems by developing application architecture, rationalization, and enablement.
- Establish working relationships and routinely interface with project sponsors, business stakeholders, and technology partners
- Comfortable presenting to senior management analytics project status, risks, and client roadmap
- Excellent analytical and oral and written communication skills
- Should be flexible, self-driven, detail oriented
- Enable the realization of the strategic direction by implementing standard, leading practice global template based solutions and following established governance on design principles, solution development and deployment.
- Partnering with the global business work stream leads, serve as the custodian of the analytics and innovation initiatives
- Responsible and accountable for 100% adherence to Astellas SDLC, CSV, Change management, JSOX controls (ITGC and application controls).
- Collaborate and align with SAP platform Architect and provide input to the Design Authority board for the platform.
- Organization: > 10 internal and/or external staff involved with SAP analytics Programs/ projects (mainly external)
- Financial: Program management with multiple service providers and suppliers at 5-10 MM USD CAPEX investments
- Internal Clients: Business leads and project members from GBS, SCM, HR organizations
- Vendors: Multiple global vendors (SAP and other providers like Accenture, TCS, ...)
- Reports to : Senior Director, SAP Solution Delivery & Architecture
- Peer group: Sr Director -- P2P Process Owner GBS, Exec Director -- Global BPO Lead GBS, Director -- Global Financial Services Lead, Director -- GBS Reporting Lead, Director -- Relationship Management -- RDP, Director -- RDP Application Management Lifecycle , Director, SAP Solution Delivery - HCM&M , Director, SAP Security and Controls Management