Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Translational Research Expert
Job Description #1! That’s the ranking that Fast Company gave Novartis in their 2018 list of ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies’. The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is the innovation engine of Novartis. We collaborate across scientific and organization boundaries, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
Millions of people die from chronic diseases each year. Translational scientists at NIBR seek to better understand chronic diseases and ultimately discover and develop transformative new medicines. We are seeking a motivated scientist to join the Disease Area X translational group, who will be part of a team working to understand the genetic and molecular underpinnings of chronic lung disease by developing translatable in-vitro and ex-vivo assays for target discovery and validation. They will be working in a multidisciplinary matrix environment to help develop testable translational approaches focused on understanding the molecular heterogeneity of disease and discovering/validating novel hypotheses in a diverse therapeutics portfolio.
The role requires strong skills in cell/molecular biology and immunology, with experience developing in vitro/ex- vivo models for target validation. They will have a proven track record of independent work and creativity, and a history of success working in teams.
If you have a collaborative nature, passion for understanding human data to inform future assays, a commitment to teamwork, and exceptional organizational skills, we invite you to apply.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with research and bioinformatics teams to utilize internal and external biological data sets to generate and test novel biological hypotheses within the respiratory therapeutic area, as well as kidney and liver diseases
- Exploring biomarker/disease signature identification/validation and working with the discovery, translational and biomarker development teams throughout the pre-clinical drug discovery process
- Designing, executing, and interpreting pre-clinical in vitro/ex-vivo translational assays supporting development of various research programs
- Performing data analysis and upholding excellent laboratory, data recording, and documentation practices
- You may participate in alliances with external partners at leading healthcare institutions, with the opportunity to publish your work