Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Job Description 4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 20 years of Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research - San Diego (NIBR - SD) history! For over 21 years, NIBR - SD has been doing cutting-edge innovative drug discovery for the Novartis global research organization.
The candidate will join a dynamic team involved in the design and synthesis of oligonucleotides for Novartis’s drug discovery programs. This individual will be responsible for the independent operation and maintenance of instruments to synthesize, purify, and analyze chemically modified oligonucleotides for in vitro and in vivo studies. Successful candidates have experience with modern laboratory equipment and spectroscopic analysis, preferably in relation to oligonucleotides, and ability to work on multiple projects in multi-disciplinary team settings. The ideal candidate is a personable and organized team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role provides you with the opportunity to take on increasing responsibility over time within Novartis Global Discovery Chemistry.
• Collaborate with scientists throughout the organization on the discovery and advancement of innovative oligonucleotide therapeutics
• Operate oligonucleotide synthesizers, HPLC, and LC-MS for synthesis, qualitative analysis, and purification of synthetic oligonucleotides to produce high quality oligonucleotides for research and drug development programs
• Critical analysis and evaluation of data to optimize synthesis yield, purity, and formulation of modified oligonucleotides
• Quantitate compounds spectroscopically for in vitro and in vivo experiments
• Develop quality control mechanisms and monitoring systems as well as maintain the equipment to ensure consistent and reliable production of oligonucleotides with minimal down time
• Manage procurement and inventory of chemicals and supplies for oligonucleotide synthesis
• Curate and maintain the inventory of synthesized oligonucleotides