The Process Technologist act as a point of contact (or first-line Technical support if embedded in the Supply Team) for root cause analysis of material/product/processing/cleaning issues and rapid resolution, where required using multiple sources of data and data interpretation methods.
In this role, you will…
- Act both independently and in cross-functional teams to manage projects, ensuring delivery of the operational technical responsibilities and project timelines.
- Use Product Performance Assessment tool (PPA) as required to evaluate process capabilities, to support investigations and issue prevention, which will continually enhance technical process capability for the Site.
- Plan and conduct/supervise the manufacture of batches with minimal supervision, to ensure the project timescales are met and issues dealt with in real-time.
- Be able to perform technical coaching of operators to ensure knowledge transfer to the ‘manufacturing shop floor’ allowing operators to improve their accountability and timeliness of issue resolution.
- Actively participate in projects to ensure that all project team members and the Project Leader are kept fully informed of progress and any issues;
- Manage the Site maintenance shutdown.
- Support technology transfer of biopharm products.
- Take part in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities to highlight improvements to equipment and processes.
- Act as a point of contact for the top3 waste and top3 quality and for the technical issues collection and evaluation.
- Degree in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in Unit Operations associated with the product and understanding of the impact of material changes on manufacturability.
- Knowledge of the structured problem-solving approaches used for all product & process issues.
- Knowledge in Aseptic technique and sterilization processes and the implications on the product or material stability.
- Knowledge in filter validation (bacterial retention study, filter recovery, bubble point, forward flow, Viability ….).
- Knowledge in single use system validation ( design/risk assessment/ IQ/OQ/extractable/ leachables….).
- Knowledge in Biopharm product and lyophilization process step.
- Knowledge in technology transfer.
- Fluent Italian and English, written and spoken.
- Knowledge in 3 stage approach validation and regulatory submission.
- Problem-solving skills;
- Team player;
- Good ability to influence and drive change;
- Focus on delivering sustainable automation solutions, with reference to best practices and technological know-how;
- Ability to operate cross-functionally and work well within a matrix environment, balance priorities, and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
Pharma Supply Chain
Our Pharmaceutical Supply Chain (PSC) business is responsible for making and supplying our pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products around the globe. The PSC organisation is involved with every production stage from the infrastructure of the manufacturing sites, supply forecasting, regulatory inspections, and the product’s quality.
We operate across 28 sites in 16 countries. Over the past three years, we have become even more reliable and competitive, increasing our productivity by over 20%. We are building an agile network that delivers the next generation of medicines for patients, developing an exciting pipeline of specialty medicines and vaccines as technology transforms what is possible in pharmaceutical manufacturing. A pipeline of specialty medicines will require a different supply chain, which will demand the right capabilities and capacity. Automation and Robotics play a key role in all this, and we will increasingly have the tools at our disposal to work smarter and more efficiently.
We’re taking bold steps on inventory, productivity, and procurement to maintain a balanced scorecard and provide the cash needed to reinvest in innovation. Our ambition is to continue to advance our quality, safety, and supply standards, which enhance the trust patients, physicians, local communities, and regulators have in us.
Environmental sustainability is a vital part of our focused Environmental, Social, and Governance approach to support sustainable business performance. We’ve set new ambitious environmental sustainability goals: to be carbon net-zero and nature net positive by 2030.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.