The Store Manager In Training (SMIT) role is a full time developmental program and a direct pathway to becoming a Store Manager at CVS Health. The SMIT program is designed to enhance your career as a future store leader. CVS Health supports your development towards the store manager role by facilitating a self-paced, collaborative training program over the span of 16 weeks.
The Store Manager In Training (SMIT) role will support the Store Manager in the total leadership and strategic operations of a store. SMITs will assist in building customer loyalty using excellent customer service skills and contribute to operational success. Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the SMIT will maintain an engaged, productive store team through strong leadership, demonstrating initiative and leading by example. Our future Store Managers will complete Key Learning Experiences to support them on their path to promotion, such as:
• A foundation of leadership and key competencies
• Inventory, merchandising and financial management
• Employee staffing, training and development
• Working with a purpose to deliver results
Selection for the SMIT position does not guarantee promotion into a Store Manager position. Promotion to Store Manager is dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, performance and availability of openings.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Willingness to accept a promotion to Store Manager role at any location in the designated market.
• Ability to transfer to other CVS Health stores located within the designated market.
• Ability to work a schedule that may vary based on business needs.
• Candidates must be enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate college or university. Students must be of Senior standing status and pursuing a degree in a Business or Liberal Arts curriculum. Candidates who have 2-year community college equivalent credit hours in Business or Liberal Arts curriculum plus 2+ years of previous retail experience will also be considered.
Completion of CVS Health Retail Management Intern program
2-5 years of retail experience or equivalent experience in a fast-paced work environment
Candidates must be enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate college or university. Students must be of Senior standing status and pursuing a degree in a Business or Liberal Arts curriculum. Candidates who have 2-year community college equivalent credit hours in Business or Liberal Arts curriculum plus 2+ years of previous retail experience will also be considered.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.