Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Job activities include the preparation of equipment and components for aseptic filling operations, performing visual inspection of filled vials, vial labeling, vial packaging and distribution of filled vials as per GMP regulations.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Execute daily tasks according to standard operating procedures in support of filling operations such as washing, cleaning and sterilizing equipment and components.
• Maintain all the trainings up to date.
• Participate in the inspection, labeling and packaging of filled vials.
• Wash and autoclave parts and assemblies.
• Recording of activities in batch related documentation or equipment logbooks in accordance with good documentation practices.
• Perform Aseptic filling operations using isolator technology.
• Clean Fill line as needed
• Respects and adheres to all applicable health, safety and environmental policies promoting a safe workplace to prevent or reduce injuries.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• BS/BA in Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline or High School Diploma
• 0-1 yrs. experience with Bachelors
• 1-2 yrs. experience with Associates
• 3+ yrs. experience with High School Diploma
• Previous CDMO experience preferred
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Previous experience working with aseptic technique and good documentation practices preferred.
• Must be able to follow cGMP regulations during operations including adherence to written procedure and contemporaneous documentation.
• Must be able to record data accurately and legibly.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to perform in a team setting in a controlled environment for long periods of time.
• All candidates must pass a 20/20 near sighted vision screening and the color blindness test.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our [Register to View]
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.