FLOAT Medical Laboratory Technician/Medical Technologist
Labcorp is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technologist to join its team! This position will be working in Physician office labs located primarily in Greenville, NC and surrounding areas. The Medical Lab Technician/Technologist will be performing routine moderate complexity testing as well as Phlebotomy.
The regular schedule for this position is Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. May be requested to start earlier/end later. 7am is earliest start time and 6pm is latest end time.
This is a FLOAT position, and candidate must be willing to provide coverage across 6 sites in Eastern NC surrounding Greenville, NC (reimbursement for mileage and paid time for travel).
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Associates degree in clinical lab science required. Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Medical Lab Science or Clinical Lab Science preferred
- At least 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required
- Proficiency in Phlebotomy required
- ASCP or AMT required as a Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technologist preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.