Director, Global Information Security Architecture & Engineering (can be remote/virtual)
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The Director, Global Information Security Architecture, will become an integral part of the Global Information Security Department and plays a vital role in protecting and advancing our global security posture.
The Director will provide a comprehensive global view of Emergent’s security controls (people, process, technology) to better understand our capabilities and how they reduce risks for Emergent and our clients. The Director will define the critical strategic defense layers needed to protect Emergent and recommend direction / priorities to continuously improve our controls vs. evolving threats and risks. The Director will promote standardization of security controls across the organization to ensure holistic risk management, consistent quality, and reduced fragmentation / duplication of costs. The Director will communicate how Emergent protects against threats and manages security risk to internal stakeholders and our clients. The Director will provide cloud security strategic vision that enables innovation and seeks to leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the company's requirements and expectations.
This can be a remote/virtual role.
- Define and maintain security architecture framework and processes to enable Emergent to develop, implement and measure security capabilities aligned with business, technology, and threat drivers.
- Develop strategies to address evolving threats to systems and data (advanced cyber-attacks, data exfiltration / leakage, information extortion, etc.) and define priorities for improvements to Emergent’s security posture.
- Ensure the development of security architecture artifacts and deliverables (models, templates, standards, and procedures) that can leveraged by other Emergent project & operations teams.
- Lead the definition of Emergent’s overall security roadmap (3-year) and support business planning, requirements, and investment case definition to direct the implementation of security measures.
- Review, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of security controls and countermeasures used to protect Emergent applications, services, and solutions.
- Review security technologies, tools and services and make recommendations for their use based on security, financial and operational criteria.
- Liaise with other enterprise architects and practitioners to communicate Emergent security practices and processes.
- Build and manage a high performance multi-disciplinary security team to support the role.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- 15+ years of applicable experience and a minimum of 8 years in an information security role and at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- A minimum of fifteen years of IT experience, with 8 years in an information security role and at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- A bachelor's degree in information systems, engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Applicable Security Certification Such As: CISSP, CISA, GIAC, ITIL
- Highly technically competent with the ability to assimilate new technologies and identify where they can be applied to strategies, processes, and organization to support Business objectives.
- Robust in enforcing architecture disciplines and standards and persuasive in pushing forward new and innovative technologies and methods.
- Ability to articulate complex solutions concisely and with clarity at senior management level.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and weigh different options and recommend a constructive solution.
- Ability to balance detailed understanding with a strategic eye on the big picture.
- Strong and effective communication skills and relationship building skills, at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to map business vision to strategy.
- Good administration and time capabilities to deal with multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Significant experience in the applied use of IT in business situations including roles as an Enterprise Architect
- Senior level experience including advising, influencing, and developing solution architectures in global organizations with complex heterogeneous IS environments
- Experience of developing target architectures and roadmaps which have been shown to set and influence IT and business direction
- Excellent knowledge of application development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Dev Ops) and the processes and practices.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our [Register to View]
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.