Director Digital Excellence, Medical Affairs
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] style="font-size: 12.0pt;">www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
Provides leadership and drives execution of Medical Affairs (MA) strategic and digital initiatives aligned with the MA Digital Roadmap. Leads strategy, implementation and operation of MA digital initiatives, working in partnership within and outside of MA. Brings strategic, technical and industry expertise together to accelerate Medical Affairs Digital Transformation and ensures plan agreement and implementation.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of MA Digital Transformation including:
- Successful omnichannel strategic planning and implementation, accountable for the successful interface and integration with all Medical/Commercial teams that allow for optimal delivery of scientific content to enhance customer engagement and experience
- Responsible for managing and leading digital change management across MA to coordinate activity and pace of change. Champions digital capabilities and initiatives within the organization to heighten awareness and position digital as a critical business enabler by establishing credibility and integrity with key stakeholders.
- Accountable for delivery of MA Digital Roadmap portfolio which require expertise in: Veeva Medical CRM, Veeva Vault (Med Comms), AEM, Virtual Engagement tools, Medical Education / Grants, Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR), Sponsorships, Real World Evidence, Collaborative Research and Advisory Boards, Digital Health, etc.
- The incumbent will be responsible for defining scope, goals and objectives for all digital initiatives within MA negotiating support from decision makers across Medical Affairs and key stakeholders.
- Accountable for team leadership, mentoring and working closely with all business partners to drive transformation (M&D, Commercial, IS, HR, E&C, Legal, etc.)
- Ensures agreed-upon digital governance methodology, standards and practices are followed by their team, contract resources and third-party partners.
- Directs development of Digital Excellence procedures as it relates to operationalizing Digital capabilities for MA. Responsible for leading and/or participating in operational process reengineering related to MA Digital Excellence Platforms.
- Accountable for meeting budget objectives, projects goals, and department priorities.
- Management and oversight of approximately ~10-15 digital initiatives per fiscal year.
- Management of projects within budget, providing input on ~$3M in annual spend.
- Reports to Sr. Director, MA Digital Excellence.
- Internally working within MA globally (including all Markets) including Operational Excellence, Medical Communications, HEOR, TAs and outside of MA including M&D, E&C, Commercial and IS Teams.
- Leads MA Digital Advisory Committee (DAC) and Digital Matrix Team to ensure MA Digital Roadmap is progressing per plan and aligned with strategic vision across all of Medical Affairs.
- Oversees a team of 2 or more direct reports and/or vendors/project contractors.