Manager, Facilities and Engineering ICT Night Shift Manager
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
- Daily supervise and coordinate work orders for shift Maintenance Technicians, Calibration Technicians and contractors to maximize productivity and minimize customer downtime and disruptions on corrective repairs, maintenance, and installation/removals. Ensure shift technicians and contractors have necessary Job Plans, materials, tools and equipment to safely execute work.
- Supervise and coordinate shift technicians and contractors to maximize their utilization in completing mechanical maintenance and repair work orders.
- Support commercial manufacturing through participation on 24x7 maintenance coverage model (12 hour night shift on rotational schedule (48 hours one week followed by 36 hours the next)).
- Work with Maintenance Planners and Production Schedulers to meet schedule compliance. Promptly respond to emergency work requests while negotiating other work order requests.
- Maintain close communications with all customers, Safety Department, and other Technical Services Department Supervisors and Coordinators.
- Assess and implement the training needs, not only in technical areas, but also leadership and development opportunities.
- Conduct periodic safety and environmental inspections to ensure compliance with GMP practice and company policies.
- Ensure all maintenance work order results are recorded in CMMS (Maximo).
- Ensure departmental compliance to all FDA, OSHA, environmental and local regulatory requirements.
- Issue or contribute to safety, Lockout Tagout, Confined Space, Hot Work permits and job hazard analyses (JHAs) to ensure the safe execution of projects or maintenance activities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of organizational structure, operating culture, effective work styles, and achieving results in an innovative environment.
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of general site operations and facilities.
- Communicate a clear vision aligned with Site and Overall Business objectives.
- Customer Service is paramount, therefore must build and sustain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Manufacturing, Quality, EHS to meet site and Business requirements.
Specific knowledge, etc:
- Thorough knowledge of industrial plant equipment in the chemical and pharmaceutical fields.
- Working knowledge of FDA, OSHA, GMP regulations, and local code regulations.
- Ability to identify adequate spare parts inventory on new or existing equipment.
- Trade skills of a Maintenance Mechanic or background in Metrology.
- Use of Maximo CMMS for accessing reports, data and work order reviews.
- Associates Degree in a technical field or equivalent training.
- 5+ years in an industrial, operations, or maintenance role.
- Walking-Level Surfaces
- Reaching (Shoulder)
- Repetitive (Use of Arm, Hands, Wrists)
- Office space
- Inside Work
- Outside Travel
- Working Alone
- Working with/around others
- This position requires up to 5% of travel.
- Supervision of multi levels of the organization, including objective setting for the department.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.