Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
2X Director, Data Science
Job Description Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The DIA organization in US Innovative Medicines is the Novartis engine for achieving best in class Healthcare provider (HCP) experience and transformative digital patient engagement. The Enterprise Analytics and Data Science group within DIA is seeking a highly motivated machine learning expert and leader to push the frontiers in HCP segmentation and digital patient engagement. The person will possess deep technical expertise in machine learning and its applications in HCP segmentation and digital channel selection for “next best action”. The person will operate as player/coach and leading a team of data scientists centralized across therapeutic areas. In addition to being a technical expert, this person will also engage with commercial partners to bring meaning and context to analytic outcomes, driving actionability of learning and results. The person will partner with other data science organizations in Novartis to develop “best in class” methods/algorithms.
These two positions report to the Executive Director, Data Science within the Data, Insights and Analytics team. This leader will work with Integrated Insights, Predictive Analytics & Customer engagement, Finance, Marketing Strategy, and Agency. This person will operate across brands and therapeutic areas in a Center of Excellence model. The person will keep abreast of the latest thinking and best in class methods within the industry
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• You will build predictive models to identify and engage with the most valuable physicians.
• You will develop optimized channel selection models to identify digital channels and publishers through which Novartis can engage with physicians
• Provide machine learning technical leadership through a proactive, unbossed approach to a community of analytics professionals.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams across data, Integrated insights, predictive Analytics & Custom-er engagement, vendors and other Novartis teams for developing best in class machine learning models and ML operations at scale.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in the field and mentor data scientists.
• Take a hands-on role and deliver on highly visible projects
• Bring a “can-do” attitude and teamwork, and inspire others on culture change
• Ensure adaption of data science product with the business users to drive outcome and patient impact
• Develop methodology to measure the impact of Next best actions
• Build models for advanced segmentation and patient identification
“The ideal location for this role is our East Hanover site but remote work may be possible (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. If associate is remote, all home office expenses and any travel/lodging to specific East Hanover site for periodic live meetings will be at the employee’s expense. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position may require up to 20% travel. This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position. ”