ViiV Head of Patient Access and Affordability
* If you're hired by ViiV Healthcare, you are also a GSK employee receiving 100% of their robust total rewards and benefits!
* Please note that this position requires you to be based out of RTP/Durham, NC. We will offer a very attractive relocation package!
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care.
We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic. We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn’t just somewhere to work – it’s a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV Healthcare is seeking an experienced, Head of Patient Access and Affordability with demonstrated expertise in patient support programs, hub services and long-acting injectables. The desired candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment that focuses on patient access. Additionally, the abilities to Lead from the front, partner cross-functionally and to remain highly adaptable in a changing environment. It is expected that the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing strategic solutions to business problems, leading a team, and providing both strategic and operational direction. This role focuses on patient access to prescribed ViiV medicines.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage 4 Direct reports, + 3 on second line
- Provide strategic direction for patient savings cards for the portfolio of products, patient assistance program, and additional hub services
- Liaison with different functions within the company, including legal, market access, government affairs, distribution channel and pricing teams
- Manage hub partnerships and third party vendors (Hub currently employs 230+ people)
- Responsible for hub messaging, digital presences, features and benefits communications
- Build strategic external partnerships with key stakeholder organizations to assist in the administration of company programs for prescribed ViiV medicines.
- Project manage activities including progress meetings, reports, steering groups, governance and work-streams.
- Ensure progress and impact are achieved is measured and communicated.
- Coordinate with market access & government affairs senior leaders to evaluate emerging reimbursement related risks from internal/external environments
- Participate in copy approval process for hub marketing materials.
- Establish risk scanning capabilities to ensure emerging risks are evaluated and updates to the internal controls framework are made when necessary. Deliver intelligence to the business of the internal/external scanning exercises
- Provide day to day risk management support through organization and management of regular team meetings, updates and senior stakeholder meetings
- Partner with the legal, compliance, and audit functions to support implementation of new or enhanced controls to mitigate identified and emerging risks
- Advise senior leaders in the business on risk associated with specific strategies and decisions
- Establish training needs analysis for each level risk practitioners and develop tailored training modules for VHC and vendors
- Ensure appropriate and timely management and escalation of significant issues
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of pharmaceutical experience including 5+ years of business experience with patient savings card, patient assistance program, and hub services
- Experience in reimbursement and patient access
- 2 plus years managing people
- Experience with identifying trends
- Experience with governmental pricing regulations and copy approval
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA, CISA, CPA or CIA
- Legal, Compliance, Finance, IT audit/IT technical experience
- Ability to negotiate, communicate, and influence others at all levels of management
- Analytical skills, the ability to identify business issues/risk and provide solutions
- Cross functional project management experience
- Experience with Managed Markets and Reimbursement Accounts
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and project management
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As ViiV focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting but does not include all job evaluation details.
At ViiV Healthcare, we will not rest until we leave no person living with HIV behind. Until the 38 million people living with HIV is down to zero, we will continue searching for new ways to limit the impact of HIV.
We are the only pharmaceutical company solely focused on combating, preventing, and ultimately eradicating HIV and AIDS. At ViiV Healthcare, we do things differently. Born out of a partnership between [Register to View] and [Register to View] in 2009, with [Register to View] joining in 2012, we are determined to help end the HIV epidemic. We are guided by our mission to leave no person living with HIV behind and it is this mission that unites our employees located across the globe. We combine expertise in research, manufacturing, policy and more to push the boundaries of what people think is possible in HIV treatment and care. As a result of our connection with GSK, we are able to draw on their proud history and resources. This means that you would receive all the employee benefits offered by GSK.
Living our mission of leaving no person living with HIV behind means keeping inclusion and diversity at the heart of everything we do - from our breakthrough innovation, to our diverse portfolio of medicines as well as the work we do to partner with HIV communities. Having a diverse team and a truly inclusive culture where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel like we belong will make us an even stronger team, better able to perform as a business and deliver on our mission to leave no person living with HIV behind.
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At ViiV, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
ViiV has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiV shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.