Manager, Quality Management System (QMS) Analytics Cell Therapy
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Manager, Quality Management System (QMS) Analytics Cell Therapy
The Manager Quality Management System (QMS) Analytics is responsible for developing novel approaches to understand various types of data including but not limited to Quality Systems data (e.g. Deviations, CAPAs), operational data as part of the manufacturing lifecycle, and financial data (e.g. capital and operational expenses) using analytics and advanced modeling techniques. In addition, the current role is expected to interact with key stakeholders (e.g. GxP subject matter experts (SMEs), business process owners (CPOs) and Quality Business Partners, etc.) to help design leading quality KPIs to enable enhanced performance. Importantly, this role will also support development and implementation of quality data analytics automation to maximize efficiency in metrics reporting and data visualization. This role will be an active member of a community of data scientists, that share ideas, information, techniques, and best practices across different functional areas.
This role will build analytics capabilities for QMS team, and you will have the opportunity to help build out our processes, tools and capabilities for supporting manufacturing site operations and influencing business results in this promising new therapeutic area. You will serve as an active partner with a range of site teams, including manufacturing operations, supply chain, quality, and operational excellence to develop data driven insights and reporting, and improve manufacturing site performance through automation, simulation and predictive modeling. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the power of data and the opportunity to build and drive capabilities in a data-rich Fortune 200 company. The right candidate will have a strong interest in solving business problems first and foremost, and an eagerness to work on all parts of the analytics process.Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively develops and maintains an understanding of site business priorities, critical issues and value levers, in close collaboration with site teams
- Collaborates directly with stakeholders to develop the site’s analytical book of work that supports business priorities
- Communicates complex analysis in a manner appropriate for facilitating site decisions
- Supports a culture of analytics and fact-based decision making within the site, in partnership with stakeholders
- Appropriately framing questions to be answered / issues facing the organization
- Visualize results / data with experience in tools such as R-Shiny, Power-BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense or equivalent
- Interrogating data with in-depth analyses and extracting right information to support metrics reporting
- Developing appropriate analysis models (including machine learning and / or artificial intelligence (AI) as appropriate) to conduct analysis, interpret results and determine potential risks, time impact, costs, and value
- Present and explain analysis and options
- Utilize data analysis to support the RFT program and provide solutions for deviation cycle time reduction and WIP reduction.
- Work with various stakeholders (e.g. quality process owners) to derive leading KPIs to drive performance
- Develop predictive / forecasting dashboards to support Management Reviews
- Support development of the data strategy for Quality
- Evaluate and help select analytics tools and / or platform and support development of user requirements, system specifications and validation testing scripts (as needed)
- Collaborates with subject matter experts from across the business to design, establish and maintain foundational data pipelines, models and business facing reports and dashboards
- Designs, develops, and implements a broad array of cell therapy analytics that solve complex problems in a computationally efficient and statistically valid manner
- Makes complex analytical solutions simple enough for site teams to understand and use, and drives uptake to engrain analytics solutions into standard business processes
- Proactively identifies opportunities to further apply automation, analytics and data solutions and works with stakeholders and the team to prioritize projects with the biggest potential benefit to the business
- Builds partnerships and manages the process for deploying predictive and prescriptive models to for site operations (Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality)
- Manages planned and ad hoc analytics requests, ensuring consistent quality and timeliness in delivery to business stakeholders
- Collaborates closely with business stakeholders, enabling functions and external analytics contractors to understand and execute analytics projects to achieve site objectives
- Effectively partners and collaborates with other BIA team members to learn best practices and technologies and support delivering a consistent BIA engagement model to stakeholders
- Proactively identifies existing capabilities from across the BIA GPS analytics ecosystem that can address site needs with minimal additional development
- BS degree in an analytical, engineering, or scientific field; MS or PhD degree preferred
- 5 or more years of experience using advanced analytics, ideally in a biopharma setting
- Proficiency in SQL and Python (or advanced application of at least one other programming language) and an eagerness to learn the team’s standard tools
- Experience building and applying predictive models
- Experience building user-centric visualizations and dashboards (preference for Tableau)
- Skilled at communicating analytics output to a wide range of audiences
- Strong ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders, business partners and external parties
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to execute multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud-based ELT pipelines a plus
- Significant experience building manufacturing simulation and optimization models using tools like Simio preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing site role, ideally in a biotech setting preferred
- Experience with biotech process development, supply chain, manufacturing operations or assays a significant plus
- Understanding of cell therapy technologies and manufacturing processes and assays a plus
- Experience with BMS applications (including SAP, Oracle, LIMS) a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and team building skills to ensure effective collaborations within matrix teams
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.