Principal Investigator (bTBI)
- Conduct basic and applied research on the mechanisms of primary and secondary injury resulting from exposure to blast.
- Assess a variety of animal and other laboratory experiments and mathematical modeling techniques, standardize models of blast injury allowing for better understanding of high-fidelity simulations of head injury to speed research while increasing our understanding of the pathophysological mechanisms of blast traumatic brain injury (bTBI).
- Provide scientific and technical support for the research, development, and efficacy evaluation of personal protective equipment, neuro- protection/neurorestoration therapies with the ability to fully characterize head injury models defining the temporal profile of histopathology, neurobehavioral (motor/cognitive) dysfunction, molecular (biomarkers/bioenergetics) following a "single" or repetitive bTBI and or concussive injury to the brain such as:
- Musculoskeletal Injury
- Blast overpressure Injury
- Blunt Head and Body Trauma
- Face, Eye, and Spinal Injury
- Acoustic Trauma
- Molecular Mechanisms and Therapeutic Intervention for TBI Research
ICON Government and Public Health Solutions specializes in preclinical through phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe and respond rapidly to global health crises.