Instrumentation Technician II/III- Calibration
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Under minimal supervision, the Instrumentation Technician II/III is responsible for providing and performing calibration/ maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of mechanical/electrical equipment used in manufacturing, utility plants and analytical labs. All work to be completed to assure minimal impact to production while complying with cGMPs at Juno’s manufacturing plant.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
2 year technical/associates degree or equivalent field experience in facilities maintenance, instrumentation, clean room certification, automation or related technical discipline
- Candidate typically has 5+ years combination of education, training, and experience, with a minimum of 1 year in electrical equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Expertise in calibration and maintenance of instrumentation and process/analytical equipment
- 5+ years related experience in building maintenance, specifically including HVAC/air handling systems, heating/cooling systems, plumbing and piping systems, and power/lighting
- A skilled craftsperson knowledgeable in installation and maintenance of electrical equipment. Knowledge of Power Distribution Systems, UPS Systems, Variable Speed Drives, Emergency Generators, Motors, Breakers and Motor Control Centers. Typically, has received training in such specialized subjects as electrical theory, electrical controls, analog and digital electronics.
- Direct experience working in GMP facilities, including a thorough understanding of GMP record keeping and documentation practices
- Knowledge of Blue Mountain BMRAM or other CMMS
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting and repair of electro-mechanical systems, equipment, and instrumentation
- Knowledge of Building Automation/Management Systems
- Familiarity in general building trades such as carpentry, plumbing, and wiring
- Unwavering commitment to implement and follow safety protocols and work practices
- Ability to respond to off-hour emergencies, including nights and weekends
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform calibrations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair services, as needed.
- Provide technical input into equipment standards and selection.
- Conduct work while minimizing impact to production and laboratory operations.
- Participate in establishing the site’s facility, utility and calibration practices, policies, and procedures, including operation and maintenance SOP’s.
- Schedule, record, and track maintenance events and work orders using the site’s asset management system
- Assist with the induction of equipment/instruments into the site’s CMMS, provide expertise in the selection of instruments and development of calibration and maintenance events.
- Knowledge of operation of instruments including startup, normal operation, shutdown and non-typical operational modes.
- Operate and maintain GMP and non-GMP building and utility systems, including air handlers, fans, chillers, boilers, water systems, compressed air/gas systems, power/lighting systems, and standby generators
- Adhere to all Operating Procedures, protocols, policies, regulatory requirements, GMP, and safety guidelines.
- Oversee the work of outside vendors and review all service reports for accuracy in accordance with current SOPs and Good Documentation Practices.
- Oversight of Laminar Flow Hoods, HEPAs, and clean room certification.
- Operate and maintain GMP and non-GMP building and utility systems, including air handlers, fans, chillers, boilers, water systems, compressed air/gas systems, power/lighting systems, and standby generators, as needed.
- Utilize the site’s Building Automation/Maintenance System (BAS/BMS) to monitor and troubleshoot building instrumentation and utilities.
- Respond to and troubleshoot on-demand issues affecting operations (incl. on-call emergencies)
- Establish and manage service providers and vendor contracts related to the maintenance, calibration, and repair of facility and utility equipment and building systems
- Provide management and oversight to service providers and vendor contracts related to the maintenance, calibration, and repair of facility and utility equipment and building systems
- Address general maintenance requests serving office, laboratory, and manufacturing operations
- Adhere to all safety procedures and practices effecting building facilities and utilities
- Maintain pertinent documentation and equipment files, including drawings, O&M manuals, and service records in accordance with GMP record keeping practices
☒ Not Applicable
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.