Medical Science Liaison - Cardiovascular - Seattle (R-149263)
This is a field-based position for the Cardiovascular Medical Science Liaison (CV MSL) therapeutic area within the US Medical team. This Seattle territory will include WA, OR, ID, MT, AK. The CV MSL will interact with Cardiology Opinion Leaders and Healthcare Decision Makers to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen's corporate goals and objectives. Accountabilities and Responsibilities for the CV MSL include:
- Field-based medical expert in the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) group within the US Medical organization
- An integral position in communicating accurate, clear, and valued information regarding our science and products to multiple levels within the medical community and are responsible for providing field observations to internal stakeholders
- Support Scientific Education Plan (SEP) in developing local territory R&D tactics
- Engage with healthcare stakeholders to educate and communicate clinical and scientific data to advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives
- Educate and communicate clinical value, outcomes, and economic data to payers, providers, key stakeholders, advocacy, and access enablers
- Respond to unsolicited inquiries consistent with the MSL compliance standards
- Provide and/or present field observations and insights to internal stakeholders
- Execute scientific engagement plan according to annual MSL goals and metrics
- Develop and implement local OL plans in line with scientific engagement plan
- Support speaker training as requested and ensure the speakers are updated on new data
- Support Amgen sponsored research and may serve as a study lead
- Liaise with potential investigators in non-sponsored clinical research
- Lead and/or participate on project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership
- Advance MSL value proposition, identify gaps, achieve results, and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen values and leadership attributes. Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with others
- Lead and support congress activities as aligned with strategy
- Compliantly collaborate with cross-functional colleagues. May serve as main point of contact
- Maintain clinical acumen and expertise and timely completion of assigned training. May serve as a training lead
- May serve as New Hire Mentor and/or International MSL mentor/trainer
- Ensure continued development as a highly-skilled medical expert in the therapeutic area
- Employ command and continued growth as related to strategic business acumen
- Maintain a positive and respectful work environment and motivation to work toward common goals and priorities
- Master core skills and capabilities among staff, particularly in learning agility, problem solving, strategic and creative thinking, flexibility, resilience, effective communication, prioritization, delivery of results and continued improvement
- Identify new opportunities to resolve capability and skill gaps
- Ensure adherence to administrative tasks
- Plans and Organizes Work
- Builds Relationships and Impacts Others
- Achieves High Performance
- Maintains Industry and Technical Acumen
- Leverages Clinical and Therapeutic Expertise
- Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Develops Personal and Professional Capabilities
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Individual Leadership and Professionalism
- Exemplifies Amgen Values
- Doctorate degree
- Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. (other doctoral degrees considered)
- 2+ years of Medical Science Liaison experience
- Cardiovascular expertise (lipids)
- 5+ years of industry experience in Scientific/Medical Affairs at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- 5+ years focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically-related field can include post-doctoral training (i.e., residencies and/or fellowships)
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.