AD Animal Welfare & Comp Med
Labcorp Drug Development is a global contract research organization employing over 50,000 people throughout 60 countries. We conduct clinical trials on behalf of pharmaceutical and medical device companies and offer the world’s largest central laboratory network. We are looking for someone to serve as site attending veterinarian, named veterinary surgeon or other lead veterinarian per local animal welfare-related regulations and guidelines.
- Provide leadership and operational responsibility for all site level AWCM functions and personnel. The key roles of the site level AWCM department are:
- Provide veterinary health care for laboratory animals, give advice regarding the care and use of laboratory animals, and provide training for scientists and technicians.
- Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with all applicable animal welfare regulations and help maintain facilities for AAALAC accreditation.
- Provide oversight of the animal care and use program and drive compliance with regulatory groups and agencies.
- Assure animal health and quality.
- Promote animal well-being.
- Oversee the surgical and surgical care program.
- Provide veterinary, scientific and technical expertise.
- Provide protocol-driven ophthalmology and other applicable veterinary services.
- Oversee animal welfare-related regulatory compliance activities as applicable.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.