Technologist Trainee (1st shift Baylor)
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist Trainee for our Consumer Genetics department in Burlington NC. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: -Improving Health, Improving Lives-.
Consumer Genetics is one of the world's largest genotyping facilities, having genotyped millions of samples for SNP (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) analysis since 2013. SNPs are single base changes in DNA that give rise to genetic variation. These variations can be used for ancestral typing, health and disease risk factors, carrier conditions, and curiosity testing--anything from physical characteristics such as hair and eye color, muscle composition, effects of DNA on diet, and interesting facts such as your body's reactions to environmental stimuli.
The work schedule for this position will be: 1st shift- Baylor, Saturday, Sunday, & Monday, 7:00am -7:30 pm.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science.
- No experience required at the Tech Trainee level.
- ASCP/AMT certification is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.