Technician III, Facility Maintenance (2nd shift)
Performs trouble shooting, repair, preventive, and corrective maintenance of facility equipment and building systems in assigned area(s) (may include: Utilities, facilities, and HVAC); Maintains key building systems (sprinklers, BMS, etc.), site utilities (boilers, chillers, USP water, HVAC, etc.), and building fabric.
• Ensures all work carried out and equipment installed is safe, effective and in compliance with the appropriate industry and regulatory (FDA, DEA, OSHA) standards, and Depart-mental, Plant and Corporate Quality and HS&E policies and procedures.
• Complies with Novartis Shared Values and Behaviors. Develops and maintains strong professional relationships with customers and teammates.
• Continuously improves and broadens skills by participating in or initiating training. Supports group and site cost improvement goals, objectives and initiatives.
• Support projects involving new equipment: advise Project Manager on the quality and suit-ability of proposed equipment, review equipment layouts, work with vendors, assist with validation efforts, write appropriate PM procedures, advise on which spare parts to procure, train teammates, etc.
• Communicates to supervisor opportunities to improve equipment reliability and reduce maintenance costs. Promptly advises Maintenance management of issues that will adversely and significantly affect Production schedules
• May assist with projects related to new or modified production equipment, facility infrastructure, regulatory compliance, and other projects as required to support departmental objectives.
• Ensures the completion of maintenance documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
• Operates and maintains assigned utilities such as USP water system, Boilers, Chillers, HVAC, and building fabric to assure they are operating to required standards and regulatory requirements.
• Recognizes, develops, and implements opportunities for cost and risk reduction (improved methods, identifying adverse trends, etc.).
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Adheres to all applicable procedures, cGMPs, company policies and any other quality or regulatory requirements. (For example: OSHA, DEA, FDA, EMEA, ANVISA, HS&E, etc.)