Lab Assistant (2241331)
LabCorp is seeking a Lab Assistant to join our team in Fairhope, AL. This role works in a high volume, production based environment performing a vital component of clinical lab science.
The schedule for this position will be: Monday – Friday (possible rotating weekends) 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Receive and sort clinical lab specimens
- Prepare specimens for testing and analysis
- Scan and/or data entry of specimen and patient information
- Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and perform minor instrumentation maintenance
- Troubleshoot any specimen related issues
- Replenish test bench supplies as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must pass a standardized color blindness test
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
If you’re looking for a career with an industry leader that offers opportunity for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
In order to ensure the safety of our patients , this position requires as part of the post-offer onboarding process, successful completion of medical surveillance testing which includes: TB testing; proof of immunity or vaccination for Hepatitis B, Varicella, and MMR; TDAP; proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (must be fully vaccinated: at least two weeks or more following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose series, or two or more weeks following receipt of a single-dose vaccine); annual flu vaccination; and color blind deficiency testing (if required by position). Labcorp will consider reasonable accommodations If you are in need of an exemption due to a medical contraindication/disability or religious belief.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.