Specialty Lab Assistant
Specialty Laboratory Assistant
LabCorp is seeking a Specialty Lab Assistant to join our Histology department in Overland Park, KS. This role works in a high volume, production-based environment performing a vital component of the lab. If you're looking for a career with an industry leader that offers opportunity for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today.
Schedule for this position:
Monday - Friday, 7am - 3:30pm
- Distribution of Histological slides to Pathologist.
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills.
- Scan and/or data entry of specimen and patient information.
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested.
- Troubleshoot any specimen related issues.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards.
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens.
- Ability to accurately identify specimens.
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must pass a standardized color blindness test.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent w/1-2 years of experience Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.