Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Principal Scientist, Translational Modeling & Simulation (350202BR)
Job Description 6000! That is the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
The PK Sciences / Translational Modeling & Simulation group is embedded within the Translational Medicine department of NIBR. Our goal to enable quantitative approaches to rigorous decision making, from target identification to first-in-human studies, and beyond. Novartis has a broad pipeline of therapies across number of disease areas. We are seeking a curious and proactive modeler to apply computational methods to drive the design, characterization, and delivery of these therapies, with a focus on targeted protein degraders (TPDs). Our group is growing, and we hope you will join us as we use computational modeling to generate new insights with both forward and reverse translational approaches.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Act as the Translational M&S representative on several targeted protein degrader programs, developing and executing modeling strategy, contributing to project team discussions, and collaboratively guiding decisions such as therapeutic design and dose selection.
• Build and apply PK/PD, quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) models and physiologically based PK (PBPK) models that link drug pharmacology, mechanism(s) of action, and biological outcomes with the aim of informing the human dose.
• Contribute to the development of an integrated modeling platform for targeted protein degraders that bridges data and knowledge from preclinical species to patients, partnering with discovery project teams and other groups across TM and NIBR.
• Contribute to programs across other therapeutic modalities and diverse disease areas, as needed. Novartis has a broad portfolio with hundreds of drug discovery and clinical development projects, and you will have opportunities for growth and development.
• Proactively seek opportunities to increase the impact and awareness of translational modeling through communications with internal and external audiences.