Health is everything. At CVS Health, colleagues are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we help people on their path to better health—from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions.
As a Staff Pharmacist, you have a critical role at the forefront of delivering our purpose, modeling our values, and demonstrating genuine, authentic care for our patients. In addition to supporting the Pharmacy Manager in leading and directing your Pharmacy Technician Support Staff, you are accountable for supporting the management, oversight and operation of all aspects within your pharmacy. This includes:
• Patient Safety
• Pharmacy Professional Practice
• Regulatory Requirements
• Quality Assurance
• Customer Service
• Personnel Management
• Inventory Management
• Financial Profitability
• Loss Prevention
• Workflow Management
A key component of the Staff Pharmacist role is keeping your customers and patients healthy through adoption and management of patient care programs. Additionally, you will:
• Lead with Heart – display empathy and compassion for your patients, customers, caregivers and colleagues on your team
• Motivate, inspire and develop your Pharmacy Support Staff by balancing assignments that maximize colleagues’ strengths, address development opportunities and decrease knowledge gaps
• Identify critical business opportunities and contribute to the development of meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve performance in your pharmacy
• Successfully implement those solutions by leading your team to achieve specified goals
• Adapt to change and adjust plans to thrive in a dynamic community healthcare setting
• Seek new ways to grow, collaborate with others and deliver better outcomes
• Align others around purpose to gain support and commitment
• Actively contribute to a ‘team’ culture that promotes caring, energy, enthusiasm and pride
• Apply acquired knowledge to help drive healthy outcomes and differentiate CVS from competitors
*The above represents a summary of the functions of a Staff Pharmacist. Additional functions and physical requirements are available on the full job description.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Active Pharmacy License in the state in which you are employed
• Not on the DEA Excluded Parties List
• Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (e.g., APhA)
• No pending felony charges or convictions for criminal offenses involving controlled substances
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.