Data Entry/Specimen Processor - on-call
The work you'll do is challenging. The lives you touch will be rewarding. The opportunities you'll find are endless. At Labcorp, you'll discover many ways to make a difference. From the people across the nation your work affects, to your co-workers you see each day, your role is essential to everyone. LabCorp seeking a Lab Assistant to join our team in Seattle, WA.
Schedule: On-Call, variable hours and days
Department: First Hill hospital Stat Lab
Site Location: First Hill Hospital; 747 Broadway; Seattle
- Responsible for the receiving and processing laboratory specimens and requisitions.
- Enter requisitions data into the database, label, centrifuge, and aliquot all specimens.
- Hospital based position in 500 plus bed quaternary care facility. Responsible for effectively triaging and accessioning large volumes of multiple specimen types to meet robust turnaround requirements.
- Provides front line phone customer service to hospital and clinic staff.
- Assist in training lab assistant staff.
- Act in the best interest of patient care and LabCorp.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college science helpful.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to deal effectively with co-workers, clients, and hospital staff.
- A willingness to work in fast paced, high volume laboratory.
- Data entry skills and critical thinking skills are necessary.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.