Data Entry/Specimen Processor Per Diem
The work you'll do is challenging. The lives you touch will be rewarding. The opportunities you'll find are endless. At Labcorp, you'll discover many ways to make a difference. From the people across the nation your work affects, to your co-workers you see each day, your role is essential to everyone. LabCorp seeking a Lab Assistant to join our team in Seattle, WA.
Schedule: On-Call, variable hours and days
Department: First Hill hospital Stat Lab
Site Location: First Hill Hospital; 747 Broadway; Seattle
- Responsible for the receiving and processing laboratory specimens and requisitions.
- Enter requisitions data into the database, label, centrifuge, and aliquot all specimens.
- Hospital based position in 500 plus bed quaternary care facility. Responsible for effectively triaging and accessioning large volumes of multiple specimen types to meet robust turnaround requirements.
- Provides front line phone customer service to hospital and clinic staff.
- Assist in training lab assistant staff.
- Act in the best interest of patient care and LabCorp.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college science helpful.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to deal effectively with co-workers, clients, and hospital staff.
- A willingness to work in fast paced, high volume laboratory.
- Data entry skills and critical thinking skills are necessary.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.