Director, Oncology Strategic Accounts North West
Cancer continues to be a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to REDEFINE EXPECTATIONS in cancer care.
As we look to redefine expectations in cancer care, we need experienced, entrepreneurial-minded leaders to help us on this journey. Are you an experienced Oncology commercial professional looking to be part of an innovative, dynamic and growing organization? GSK’s US Oncology team is looking for a Director Strategic Accounts. Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn’t be clearer – we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for, and more moments that matter!
As Director of Strategic Accounts, you will be the primary point of contact for GSK Oncology with large Oncology group practices, academic centers and regional integrated delivery networks that have a focus on Oncology and Hematology. This is a critical role in establishing GSK as a leader in Oncology and our commitment to supporting the efforts to improve oncology care and have a positive impact on the lives of patients. The geographical territory for this role is Northwest, and will include the following accounts: St. Joseph Providence Healthcare System, UW Health/SCCA, University of Colorado, Oregon Health and Science University- Knight Cancer Institute, Providence Health System
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
· Serves as the primary GSK Oncology interface for identified targeted customer accounts with responsibility for the overall customer experience within these accounts
· Establishes relationships and maintains an effective communication network with the customer at multiple levels, including corporate personnel, medical directors in charge of provider networks, quality directors, service line leaders, pharmacy directors and financial directors
· Enhance relationships with executives and medical experts in key institutions to advance brand\disease\franchise imperatives
· Conducts internal business strategy discussions and business performance reviews routinely with key cross-functional HQ and field employees to ensure understanding of the customer's business strategy and appropriately support it at all levels
· Provides approved disease/product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders at the executive and implementation level within oncology accounts
· Maintains knowledge of oncology standards of care and emerging clinical trends, relevant diagnostics, and genetic testing advances and can articulate approved, on-label product information related to these topics
· Understands Oncology specific quality initiatives and discusses them using approved GSK resources and messages
· Develops decision maker relationships in order to support clinical protocol development and care pathway placement with approved, on-label information and resources related to GSK Oncology products
· Develops a breadth of relationships within each account to ensure an understanding of each account’s objectives, goals, and challenges and identifies approved GSK Oncology resources that are aligned to the customer’s needs
· Account interactions include, but are not limited to, Oncology “C-suite” executives, Oncology service line leaders and decision makers within large Oncology group practices, Integrated Delivery Networks, Oncology institutions, Oncology physicians’ groups, and other Oncology key stakeholders who directly impact clinical practice
· Works cross functionally to set vision, objectives, strategies and plan for use of approved tactics by Oncology account team members, focused on mutual goals of addressing customer’s aligned needs, achieving business objectives, and improving patient health outcomes
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of (5) years’ experience in Sales Leadership for Key Account Management or Managed Care experience or a combination of Sales management /Managed Care/Key Account Management experience
· Minimum of (3-5) years’ experience working with Population Based Decision Makers or C-Suite customers in large group practices, hospitals, IDNs, or managed care organizations with a concentration in Oncology
· Current account management experience in building projects/solutions with large oncology group practices and/or IDNs.
· Ability to travel ~ 40% - 50%; could be less based on geography·
· MBA/MS, or PharmD
· Experience working with oncology facilities in the northwest market
· Demonstrated leadership skills through managing others
· Strong project management experience, including superior analytical and planning skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple programs/projects and timelines simultaneously.
· Demonstrated strong orientation to ethics and compliance
Possess strong business acumen and market knowledge
· Excellent presentation skills, as the role is responsible for quarterly business reviews and customer presentations
· Strong executive presence
· Demonstrated team player
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.