Sr Associate IS Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr Associate IS AnalystLive
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will
- Work with scientific staff and IS colleagues to resolve Help Desk tickets for issues and requests regarding manufacturing and laboratory computers including software upgrades, Windows OS upgrades, general fix of system issues and benchtop automation support
- Support corporate deployments of anti-virus, software patches to benchtop computers
- Physically inventory benchtop computers and reconcile with asset inventory system
- Support and maintain electronic data capture systems (SDMS, Empower, and ELN)
- Partners with outside vendors to solve problems, find long-term solutions, and monitor progress to meet user needs
- Work with scientists and other IS colleagues to translate computing needs into sustainable, standardized solutions
- Develop and maintain administration tools for the Enterprise Benchtop team primarily in [Register to View] SQL and IIS
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Information Systems professional we seek is an Analyst with these qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or IT Help Desk experienceOr
Associate’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or IT Help Desk experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or IT Help Desk experience
- Strong customer focus with ability to work closely with scientists to manage the resolution of IS tickets in line with customer expectations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration. Knowledge of Linux systems is a plus.
- Strong programming skills and experience with Microsoft programming tools including C#, [Register to View] SQL and IIS and other tools
- Demonstrated experience of IT support in a Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotech company or equivalent industry or knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry GxP system qualification and validation processes for computer related systems
- Experience with scientific data acquisition systems like SDMS, Empower, PerkinElmer ELN
- Solid team player who is able to effectively collaborate with IS colleagues in multiple locations on complex tasks and develop designs and strategies to address common problems within the benchtop support domain
- Occasional travel may be required in order to work with other team members
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.