Software Engineer III
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Software Engineer III
Kansas City, MO or Remote
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision-making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Kansas City, MO currently has an opportunity for a Software Engineer III, to be based in office or remote. The eScreen Software Engineer is a creative software professional who contributes their expertise and practice of software development to high performing eScreen Agile teams. Applicants must demonstrate an aptitude for team communication and cooperation. Key responsibilities include innovative development solutions, design, and best practices applied to user-focused sustainable software solutions. As members of an Agile environment, individuals are also responsible for upholding core principles, practices, and values, including continuous delivery, continuous improvement, self-organization, adaptive planning, value driven development, LEAN, SCRUM, and KANBAN. Core values include a growth-mindset, team-orientation, able to get along with others, and an ability to deal with ambiguity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
• Interact with users as necessary to clarify requirements and take ownership for the quality of software.
• Break larger projects into smaller ones that can be delivered iteratively, using an agile mindset.
• Problem solve, understand, and analyze complex issues and propose workable solutions.
• Prioritize work based on benefit and project timelines.
• Work with existing toolsets while simultaneously bringing new ideas and approaches into the team.
• Adhere to and respect working agreements with teams when working on projects.
• Support post-deployment fallouts on projects worked on and released to production.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
• Detailed understanding of writing queries and navigating MS SQL.
• Detailed understanding of relational database design principles
• Detailed understanding of creating technical design documentation
• Knowledge of responsive design best practices
• Detailed understanding of object-oriented design and development.
• Demonstrated ability to set and meet tight deadlines and function well under pressure.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.
• 3+ years of software development in a team environment
• 3+ years enterprise software development with Microsoft stack
• Experience in IIS Configuration Management
• Experience with TFS/Azure DevOps
• Experience with front end UI design and usability design
• Experience in one or more modern front-end technologies such as React, Angular, or Blazor
• Experience writing unit tests, test-driven development, and mocking
• Experience designing and writing restful web services
• Experience using Entity Framework
• Experience in .Net Core
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and a history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.