Scientist II, Core Technologies
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Universal Cells, an affiliate of Astellas located in Seattle, WA, is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells to produce cells that avoid rejection and can be used in allogeneic cell therapy treatments to treat all patients that need them.
OUR GOAL - ONE CELL FOR EVERYONE
NO IMMUNE SUPPRESSION. NO DONOR MATCHING. NO REJECTION.
We are a dynamic team of research and scientific professionals who are passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the Astellas drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies. Join our team of committed, enthusiastic professionals devoted to making the most effective, life-saving cell therapy products in the world.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Scientist II, Core Technologies opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a highly capable, self-motivated Scientist II for our Core Technologies Department. This individual will contribute to the further molecular engineering for our gene edited Universal Donor Cells. They will work as a key member on a fast paced team to develop molecular and cellular assays to characterize our proprietary Universal Donor Cells.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Routinely performs aseptic cell culture of pluripotent stems cells for general maintenance or experiment execution.
- Shows willingness to learn new protocols, relevant equipment, and related software.
- Maintains accurate records and assists other team members with recording and compiling experimental data in a timely manner. Documents qualified activities according to Universal Cells Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Summarizes and presents data in both oral and written formats.
- Serves as the team lead with possibility for managing Research Associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed. Able to work independently with minimal guidance and think critically about experiments and results
- Keen organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- This position reports to Director of Core Technologies
- As part of a busy team, with minimal guidance, this role will work on multiple components of projects in the lab, interacting with multiple functions and research groups. Collaboration and teamwork is necessary for optimal performance.