Specialist Employee Relations
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is looking for an Employee Relations Specialist to join our team at our Minneapolis/St. Paul site locations! The Employee Relations specialist will work in a team environment responsible for managing Employee Relations cases across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. The Employee Relations Specialist also provides expert consultative and problem-solving services to managers, employees and other HR functions regarding HR policies and practices ensuring compliance with all relevant country laws, regulations, policies and practices.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Assists Office of Ethics & Compliance and Security with investigations related to Employee Relations (ER)issues.
- Effectively and accurately maintains confidential ER data in both systems and paper files.
- Ensures professional service is provided at all times in accordance with the ER Service Level Agreement.
- Independently resolves Tier 1 cases and manages Tier 2 with guidance from manager.
- Understands customer’s business and ER requirements.
- Proactively brings forward solutions to address business requirements.
- Meets defined ER service level agreement.
- Implements solutions as directed and executes elements of defined projects.
- When a problem has been identified, seeks help of others to resolve the issue.
- Completes project tasks within time and budget as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 + years’ experience within a corporate HR environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work confidentially and professionally with all levels of employees.
- Software knowledge a plus: Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel, Workday (or other system of record experience highly preferred), Salesforce (or other CRM experience highly preferred).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.