MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Confirmation Clerk.
MedTox Forensic Processing is seeking a Confirmation Clerk / Specimen Accessioner. Works in fast paced, production type environment performing a vital component of medical laboratory science. Receive on the job training for the pre-analytical processing of medical samples.
Schedule: 1st Shift, Tuesday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Location: St. Paul, MN
- Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; accession and aliquot specimens, organize work to maintain efficiency and acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately
- Aliquot initial screened positive specimens for further testing requirements
- Process client samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples; adhering to the SOP
- Maintain equipment, clean, and perform scheduled and as needed maintenance procedures; trouble shoot as required
- Complete all documents accurately and neatly; monitor chain of custody, and custody and control forms for completeness and acceptability
- Proficient in all Specimen Processor functions
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience in health care or production environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to distinguish colors including shades of colors
- Able to work independently under general supervision
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Six months of specimen processing experience
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.