The Senior Manager in this role will have wide latitude in solving enterprise business problems that drive results across the three business units of HCB, PBM, and Retail. This individual will perform complete and accurate financial analysis of strategic initiatives, with advanced actuarial analysis when necessary, and provide recommendations that are well thought out and defendable to influence overall strategic direction for the enterprise. This role will be heavily focused on working in cross-functional and cross-segment teams in converting advanced data and analytics into actionable business insight. Roles also includes, collaborating on business initiatives, recognizing and anticipating matters that will materially impact financial outcomes, providing sound risk-management advice, and communicating all the above effectively. The individual in this role will interface with executives at the highest level including Segment CFOs, Segment Presidents, and other SVPs and EVPs.
• Developing and maintaining an enterprise view of profitability, risks, and opportunities across multiple projects and initiatives, while ensuring cross-company compliance
• Updating and owning enterprise lifetime value models, assumptions and methodology
• Completing competitive analysis based internal and external data sources
• Developing a comprehensive understanding of CVS Health’s enterprise assets and the associated key pricing/financial levers
• Providing analytical and strategic insights in support of the enterprise expansion in to healthcare services
• Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with various business partners and key stakeholders
• Customer service mindset and ability to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability to understand the health plan business models, preferably across multiple lines of business
• Experience working with colleagues across functions such as finance, underwriting, sales, clinical, product, IT, and data science
• Proven track record of working successfully in cross-functional and cross-segment teams, as well as adapting and performing in a dynamic and changing environment
• Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of the health insurance industry, PBM industry, current/emerging medical and pharmacy trend management strategies, current/emerging CVS enterprise offerings, drivers of CVS enterprise revenue/profitability, and drivers of health plan client revenue/profitability
• Perform complex financial analysis that is complete and accurate
• Develop and executing strategic business plans
• Apply business and analytical expertise to make informed recommendation and decisions
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 7+ years of professional actuarial and/or finance experience
• 2+ years of experience working with Health Care Benefits, PBM and/or Retail segments
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Actuarial Credentials (FSA or ASA)
• Understanding of trends and constituency expectations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience across multiple segments is a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite applications
• Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment, as well as independently
• 2+ years project management experience including development and management of multiple projects and various initiatives
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.