The Senior Manager Client Benefits, is a leader who directs, executes, and supports technical activities for both small and large complex projects across multiple technical environments. This role will be part of the Client Services (PBM) Benefits team, which is engaged across multiple functions including the BBlite and ODM Automation, with a particular emphasis on solving problems, process improvement, and increasing automation within the team. You will be accountable for delivering innovative solutions which meet business needs and opportunities by integrating information, business process refinement, and technology in a timely manner. You will also work closely with internal and external partners on other key strategic initiatives, including identifying opportunities to increase internal process efficiency by applying novel technology concepts to existing business processes.
Your main responsibilities will include serving as a technical contributor in the design of new applications or enhancements of existing solutions for new projects and mandates. To do this, you will be the key point of contact for translating business requirements into technical specifications, independently designing and coding system functionality, and leading others in the development of cost-effective application and program solutions. You will also participate in daily scrum calls with project SMEs, testers, and developers to understand upcoming critical milestones and ensure there are no blocking issues preventing their completion and raise risks/issues to the Program Manager as appropriate. Finally, you will participate and oversee unit and UAT testing, including test data creation, to support high-quality code development and the absence of defects prior to code promotion.
From a system development perspective, you will be responsible for working with the lead developer in reviewing code prior to build and deployment to ensure it is thoroughly documented and does not contain errors. In addition, you will oversee unit and integrated testing, including test data creation, to support high-quality code development and the absence of defects prior to code promotion.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Developing a detailed technical understanding of all PBM-related systems and the associated infrastructure and identifying opportunities for improvements/enhancements to become a data-driven organization
• Submitting recommendations for process or infrastructure improvements to reduce administrative overhead or reduce technical debt, by converting abstract ideas into solutions, where applicable
• Designing and leading the implementation of proof of concepts (POCs) for replacing legacy technologies with continuous innovation and speed to market
• Managing relationships with the Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE), Cloud Center of Excellence (CoE), and Caremark Service Excellence (CSX) business groups to recommend the best end-to-end business solutions for the PBM Quality Team and CVS enterprise
• Ensuring delivery commitments are met for all phases of the project, and validating test results before migrating into production
• Supporting division initiatives as necessary, including, but not limited to creating executive-level slide decks, metrics dashboards, new client implementations/renewals, etc.
• Deliver Requirements to IT teams and perform UAT to make sure there are no issues.
• Analyzing Production/Claim issues to resolve issues.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 7+ years of progressively complex experience in information technology project management
• 7+ years of managing cross-functional teams, including both FTEs and contractors
• 5+ years of experience in the Healthcare industry. Pharmacy benefits and RxClaim experience will be preferred.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
3+ years experience in PBM/Pharmacy.
Bachelors degree is required; or Equivalent work experience may substitute
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.