Specialist - IS Global Information Management
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Specialist Global Information ManagementLive
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be based at Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, Florida, or at Amgen’s location in Thousand Oaks, California. The individual will work closely with Records and Information Management (RIM) leadership in Tampa and Thousand Oaks, CA to improve, enhance and modernize records and information management capabilities, customer confidence, and organizational alignment.
- Advance global information management policies, controls and services.
- Evolve records and information management capabilities and practices in support of existing and evolving information and compliance risks.
- Ensure information related policies align with HIPAA, PCI, GxP, SOX and other applicable regulations.
- Support Merger, Acquisition, Divestiture and Closure activities.
- Supervise records management compliance requirements and controls as it relates to project support and SME participation.
- Conduct UAT testing as required.
- Liaise with business units to ensure good information practices and controls are effective and appropriately meet relevant information risk, policy, and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with IS teams to drive value propositions for content management, search, analytics, and collaboration systems.
- Lead a subset of the day-to-day operations for global RIM services: Records Retention, Data Classification, ISA, Offsite Storage, Physical Laboratory Notebooks, and External approvals as required.
- Support audit and inspection readiness and response activities to support Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and other health authority inspections, internal audits and internal assessments, and external audits.
- Support the development of new RIM tools and policies helping to provide project management oversite.
- Work on project/product teams and adopt the Agile methodology.
- Ensure Global RIM controlled documentation is current and effective
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is Global Information Management specialist with these qualifications.
- Master’s degree and 4 years of Information Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Information Management experience
- Associate degree and 8 years of Information Management experience
- High school diploma / GED and 10+ years of Information Management experience
- Experience working with legal organizations or the Pharmaceutical industry with GxP information.
- Demonstrable experience as a RIM specialist leading medium-sized security related, information management projects with toolsets supporting: data classification, labeling and protection of unstructured content.
- Understands how to guide and educate staff in good information management practices and how to effectively lead their physical and electronic information.
- Customer service experience and understands data classification, data protection and records retention, what drives each, and how each is important to information management standard processes.
- Demonstrated formal technical support and customer success management experience with a technology company while exhibiting good communication, advisory skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical expertise relevant to information management.
- Experience leading vendors.
- Affiliation with industry records and information management networks and professional associations.
- Technology savvy, highly collaborative partner, and strategic problem solver.
- In depth understanding of software development lifecycle and the ability to assess new technology capabilities as they present themselves in the market with a proven capacity to move products from Demo and Proof of Concept to Pilot and Production quickly.
- Experience delivering new technologies, mitigating risk and delivering innovation while developing training programs designed to educate end users about basic and specialized applications in a dynamic team environment
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Information Governance Professional Certification (IGP)
- Certified Records Manager (CRM)
- Certified Information Professional (CIP)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.