Lab Manager I
Flexibility with 2nd & 3rd shift periodically
Job Requirements License/Certification/Education: Requires a B.S./B.A. Degree as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Lab Scientist or equivalent w/3-5 years of related experience and must meet CLIA requirements. Prior lab management/supervisor experience. ASCP /AMT certification is preferred. Experience working in a mid to high volume lab. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated experience dealing with clients and individuals at all levels of an organization.
At LabCorp, we understand what matters - it's your family, your friends and your community. Each day, our team members have an opportunity to build rewarding careers and experience the satisfaction of knowing the work they do helps save lives. As the Laboratory Manager, you will lead this extraordinary, caring and diligent team who are dedicated to making a difference in their patient's lives - every day, 365 days a year.
As Laboratory Manager, you will:
- Provide guidance and leadership to laboratory supervisors who oversee technical staff members.
- Interact with other discipline directors and managers to ensure smooth operations of the laboratory.
- Manage overall department production and operations.
- Verify test procedures performed meet all company requirements and SOP's.
- Resolve technical problems and ensure that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Ensure competency of all testing personnel in order to perform test procedures and report results promptly, accurately and proficiently.
- Ensure that all laboratory procedures and comprehensive documentation is managed per laboratory SOP's.
- With the assistance of QA and Safety employees, ensure that all operations are compliant with CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and other regulatory standards.
- Oversee all testing disciplines within the laboratory, including chemistry, microbiology, molecular, hematology, blood bank and STAT testing.
- Oversight of other administrative functions affecting laboratory personnel such as hiring, performance management, timekeeping and other such job duties.
- Familiarity with ISO requirements is helpful.
This is a full-time, exempt level position with excellent benefits to include full medical, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, up to 18 personal days to start, 6 holidays and many others.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.